2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Turbo
132 Posts
Any update on the rear vent mod? I look at my local dealer at US and they have all the part for cx30 to order. (rear duct, center duct and ac case) They are pretty cheap. I feel like is time for me to do the mod. The only thing that I am still looking will be the rear center console vent outlet and also the actuator (looking at the previous post it looks like it might need to be program it and probably only dealer have the MDARS to program it......).
I am thinking to just buy a new cover and cut the hole and have duct and vent to some how mount on it.
The AC/heater case comes with the actuator preinstalled. However, there is no cable provided and no readily available information on where the actuator would plug into or how it could be enabled. I've looked at the A/C control logic, and that actuator is almost always in the open position, so I plan on just leaving it stuck in the open position.

I've ordered all available US parts late January (Heater case + ducts). I had a chat with my parts guy, and he told me it was on backorder with an ETA of around 2 months. Nothing yet.
Same applies for the parts being sourced from the EU.

I checked the rear vent part numbers for the cx-30, and they are identical to those of the 3. It should work with the 3. Only part missing is the panel, then.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The AC/heater case comes with the actuator preinstalled. However, there is no cable provided and no readily available information on where the actuator would plug into or how it could be enabled. I've looked at the A/C control logic, and that actuator is almost always in the open position, so I plan on just leaving it stuck in the open position.

I've ordered all available US parts late January (Heater case + ducts). I had a chat with my parts guy, and he told me it was on backorder with an ETA of around 2 months. Nothing yet.
Same applies for the parts being sourced from the EU.

I checked the rear vent part numbers for the cx-30, and they are identical to those of the 3. It should work with the 3. Only part missing is the panel, then.
Thank you for the info. Good to know that the AC/heater case comes with the actuator. I am thinking to just close the vent at the back if the actuator won't work.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Hatchback AWD 2.5G
293 Posts
Any update on the rear vent mod? I look at my local dealer at US and they have all the part for cx30 to order. (rear duct, center duct and ac case) They are pretty cheap. I feel like is time for me to do the mod. The only thing that I am still looking will be the rear center console vent outlet and also the actuator (looking at the previous post it looks like it might need to be program it and probably only dealer have the MDARS to program it......).
I am thinking to just buy a new cover and cut the hole and have duct and vent to some how mount on it.
Maybe I missed when this was mentioned, but what happens without the actuator? Like if you just permanently left the duct open?

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Turbo
132 Posts
Maybe I missed when this was mentioned, but what happens without the actuator? Like if you just permanently left the duct open?
Well, the rear center vents would always have air, unless you closed it manually at the vent (as you can with other vents). The actuator comes stuck in the open position.

I don't plan on plugging it in. I remember reading a PDF (can't remember where, but probably in the Australian Mazda 3 Service Manual) where it stated that the only time the actuator closes is when you set the air direction to just the footwell.

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 3 GT Hatchback
91 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Turbo
132 Posts
**EDIT: This might be for third gen, not 4th. Not too sure

Found this on AliExpress

Should be most of the parts needed for 4th gen:

View attachment 283049
You must be a wizard, since I’ve perused AliExpress looking for the damn vents.

Only concern is that there are different parts between the FWD and AWD models, and since this is intended for the Chinese market, it’s likely the FWD part only. Time to get the dremel out.

EDIT: The pictures do look like it is for the Gen 3 Mazda3. I’ve asked the seller if it is for the Gen 4.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You must be a wizard, since I’ve perused AliExpress looking for the damn vents.

Only concern is that there are different parts between the FWD and AWD models, and since this is intended for the Chinese market, it’s likely the FWD part only. Time to get the dremel out.

EDIT: The pictures do look like it is for the Gen 3 Mazda3. I’ve asked the seller if it is for the Gen 4.
Following!

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Turbo
132 Posts
Following!
I've confirmed with the seller that the product will NOT work with the Gen 4 (2019+) Mazda 3s.

I've also reached out to one of the Australian forum members with the OEM part number, who told me that the part was no longer available after he checked with Mazda AU parts.

I guess the project is back on hiatus.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've confirmed with the seller that the product will NOT work with the Gen 4 (2019+) Mazda 3s.

I've also reached out to one of the Australian forum members with the OEM part number, who told me that the part was no longer available after he checked with Mazda AU parts.

I guess the project is back on hiatus.
Thank you for the update. When and if you do start the project, please do share your progress. I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Turbo
132 Posts
Hello guys, any progress?
No progress, sadly. Still limited by lack of a source for parts (just missing the rear panel and its vent).

I've asked service departments and people in markets across the globe, and the response is either that the part number is not valid for that region, or that the part is not available for order. Only region I haven't tried is China, but the language barrier has made it rather difficult.

Turns out it's rather difficult to get someone to source an obscure part and ship it internationally to a stranger in the USA (big surprise, I know).

Still hoping to continue the project if the part can be sourced, as I do have the rear A/C actuator and ducts just sitting in my storage closet.

·
Registered
‘19 Mazda 3 Sport GT
6 Posts
No progress, sadly. Still limited by lack of a source for parts (just missing the rear panel and its vent).

I've asked service departments and people in markets across the globe, and the response is either that the part number is not valid for that region, or that the part is not available for order. Only region I haven't tried is China, but the language barrier has made it rather difficult.

Turns out it's rather difficult to get someone to source an obscure part and ship it internationally to a stranger in the USA (big surprise, I know).

Still hoping to continue the project if the part can be sourced, as I do have the rear A/C actuator and ducts just sitting in my storage closet.

Have you tried Australia?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Guys, an update is comming. Maybe. I am in contact with guys from Mikstoreph and they are preparing Rear Vents kit that should come any moment (Tommorow). Will keep you updated as it looks like I will be one of the first one that will try that one out.
Still waiting on an update. please keep us posted!

61 - 80 of 82 Posts