2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Assuming that the climate systems w/o rear vents are compatible, do you know if there are dealers or parts websites that are willing to ship the parts (be it Australian, or from any other market that has rear vents) internationally (in my case, the US)?

I know that some dealers in the US have a fully-cataloged parts website from which you can easily buy parts (e.g. this dealer). I wonder if Australia, or another region w/ climate vents, has sites like these.
So far i tried only with the back piece (which is AFAIK australian only) and I did get a quote on the part with installation here in Poland. After I get list of parts i will reach to my dealer again.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Could anyone from AU PM me his/her VIN number?

Or alternatively ask the dealer (giving their VIN number) for these parts i noted 2 posts above?
Unfortunately a lot of dealers are responding to my VIN "we cannot provide you with any parts, your car is not from AU" :(

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
What is the role of the actuator?
If you just connect the ducts, the same amount of air and temperature blown to the front will go to the rear
No need to complicate I think
Um, it is basically part of the whole system, I don't think i would try to install it without the actuator.
But if someone is brave enough to try, go ahead :)

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3
40 Posts
Um, it is basically part of the whole system, I don't think i would try to install it without the actuator.
But if someone is brave enough to try, go ahead :)
If I am guessing correctly, the actuator should be the motor-controlled flap that opens when you set the airflow direction to the front vents (with the arrow pointing to the passenger’s face/chest). If you don’t want to deal with potential electrical work (and want to save a few bucks), I think you could leave out the actuator, and have the rear vents always on (you could always close it off manually as you can with the front vents by moving the the directional bar all the way to one side).

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know that the 3rd gen is simply connect the air duct and rear vent to the car and done(picture). Damn it sounds like the 4th gen are much complicate. Asian market also have rear vent too and I am trying to get OEM part their. (They are cheaper lol)

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3
40 Posts
I wonder if the CX30 console would work - it has the rear vents.
Unfortunately I got a response asking me to provide VIN number (which immediately will make them know I'm from Europe).
Anyone from Australia could send such a request to a bunch of dealers? You can find some mails here:

EDIT: I actually got the part numbers!!

Part number BCLV64470 02 Cost for part $562.97.labour $66
Today, I set aside about an hour to research the parts, and I've found extremely hopeful information. I went onto the US parts website I had referenced before, and was unable to find the corresponding vents under the Mazda 3 section. So, then, I perused through Chinese, Japanese, and Australian parts websites to see if parts and diagrams for the rear vents were available for the Mazda 3 Gen 4 (2019/2020/BP/Axela). I didn't have much luck, other than that one of the Japanese parts sellers (who ships internationally) are open to taking inquiries about new model OEM parts that may not be listed on the website (If you had a part number, they would likely be able to ship it out).

As a last Hail Mary, I went back to the US parts website and looked in the rear console diagrams for the CX-30. For some reason, the CX-30 diagrams are cataloged in the website but don't have pictures, so it was rather difficult to figure out if they would be inter-compatible with the 3. As it turns out, the rear vent & console part numbers are extremely similar to the one Rabus received for the sedan in the Australian market. You can ignore the diagrams shown in the pictures; they appear to be default images.

The part number Rabus had was BCLV6447002, so hopefully the one I found is an identical part with a different code due to it being designated for the CX-30.
It looks like the "Console Air Vent" may be the ducts that connect the rear console vents to the central HVAC system.
I'm not sure if the letters at the beginning of the part number (DGJ and BCL) denote models or are just region specific codes.

Anyway, this means that there is a good chance that the CX-30 rear vents will fit in the Mazda 3, and for me, it means they could be cheaply purchased and shipped. I'll probably take a look at the CX-30 interior the next time I go to my dealer to see the vent for myself.

EDIT: I did some cross-referencing to see if I could further corroborate inter-compatibility between the CX-30 and 3, and found that the HVAC Unit assemblies (the central AC and Heater unit) have identical parts numbers between the CX-30 and 3. In addition, the only difference I found in the actuators are that the CX-30 just has more of the same actuator that is found in the Mazda 3, meaning there is a good chance it's as simple as plugging in an additional actuator for the rear vents.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3
40 Posts
I went down a rabbit hole and compiled all the information possible to figure out the rear vent parts. I've deduced (by cross-referencing part numbers and diagrams between CX-30 and 3 and comparing Australian service manuals for both CX-30 and 3) that most parts from the CX-30 will fit in the Mazda3, with one exception.

So, the main ducts and actuator that go between the HVAC system and the rear vents (pictured below) are identical between the CX-30. The only part that is not inter-compatible between the CX-30 and 3 is the rear console panel and the small amount of ducting attached to that panel; the rear console panel is taller and of a slightly different design on the CX-30.

The specific parts numbers that I have are:
1. BCLV6447002 (rear console vent panel for the Mazda 3)
2. BCLV6491X02 (part number for [what I believe are] the ducts in the CX-30, which should work in the Mazda 3)
3. BDGG61A20 (actuators that are used both in both the CX-30 and Mazda 3)

Possibly needed parts which need part numbers:
1. A/C Case (this is the opening that's currently plugged in the NA and EU models. It's the part with a flap which opens and closes the rear vent airflow and the actuator would attach to this).
The fact that this part has tabs suggests that we can just remove a plug that's blocking the airflow instead of needing to cut a hole into the assembly.

2. Ducting on the rear panel (this is if the ducting doesn't come with the panel)

This should be everything we need to retrofit rear vents.
I'm going to see if my local US dealer is able to identify and order these parts.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Wow, marvelous work!! I did not expect anyone picking this up and finding the remaining parts, in fact almost gave up myself.

Are you sure about the actuator? It looks different on the diagram than on my photo:

I'll reach out to my dealer for a cost estimation now

EDIT: parts are dead cheap (the two that were found) and cost like 60$. Available within few weeks, asked just now if they can install it too

EDIT2: Ordered the two cheap parts, will order the console when i'll be sure we can install these 2.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3
40 Posts
Are you sure about the actuator? It looks different on the diagram than on my photo:
I'm not certain, but I'm fairly confident in saying that it is the part we need. The CX-30 and Mazda 3 HVAC diagrams have 4 different types of actuators. And the only difference between the diagrams is that for one of the actuator types, the CX-30 has more actuators of that type (which I'm assuming is what we need for the lower A/C case). And from my experience in comparing parts, it seems the pictures are sometimes default images that have no resemblance to the actual part.

The specific parts numbers that I have are:
1. BCLV6447002 (rear console vent panel for the Mazda 3)
[UPDATE: This remains correct]
2. BCLV6491X02 (Part number from the CX-30; likely incompatible with Mazda3)
[UPDATE: I now think this is the Vent that fits to the rear console panel; if this is specific to the CX-30, then it will not work with the Mazda 3]
The Mazda3 Specific Part would be BCLV6491XB, or at least something that ends with 6491XB, as shown in the picture below.

3. BDGG61A20 (actuators that are used both in both the CX-30 and Mazda 3)

[NOW KNOWN] Possibly needed parts which need part numbers:
1. A/C Case
2. Ducting on the rear panel (this is if the ducting doesn't come with the panel)
So, I took another look at the parts website and figured it all out. There is a section diagram that is just ducts (the ones inside the console), and compared this section between the CX-30 and Mazda 3 (though an image diagram is not available for the CX-30).

The Mazda 3 diagram has 15 labeled parts (part # 14 and 15 are for the rear footwell heating).

The CX-30 has 17 (in the CX-30 diagram, part # 13 and 14 are for the rear footwell heating. Importantly, they have a part number identical to the one in the Mazda 3).

So, using deduction and reading the description for part # 15, 16, and 17, it seems those parts are the A/C case, and the two following ducts that lead to the back.
Part 15 (HVAC Duct Adapter) is the Heater / A/C case that I referenced previously as a "possibly needed" part.
DGJ36113YA

Part 16 (Instrument Panel Air Duct) is the first vent tube that connects to the A/C case.
DGJ3618A1A

Part 17 (Instrument Panel Air Duct) is the 2nd vent tube that then makes its way to the rear console.
DGJ3618A2A

So, to sum up all of this, here is the list in logical order from the central A/C unit to the rear vent panel.

1. DGJ36113YA (A/C case, attaches to the currently plugged hole)
2. BDGG61A20 (Actuator for the A/C case)
3. DGJ3618A1A (Duct/Tube 1)
4. DGJ3618A2A (Duct/Tube 2)
5. BCLV6491XB (Ducting & Vents which attaches to the rear console panel) [This part number may be wrong, I made it up using my knowledge of the parts; explained in the quote to my previous post]
6. BCLV6447002 (Rear Console Panel)

Wow, that was a lot of work!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Nice work!

I'll order more parts tomorrow :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
One of the markets (besides Australia) that has a Mazda 3 with rear vents is Israel, and looking at the part numbers there, they are different from CX-30, whether the actual parts are different I don't know, but it's something to aware of.

These 3 parts are as follows:
BCNP-61-13Y A/C case
BCNP-61-8A1 Duct 1 (FWD)
BFSR-61-8A1 Duct 1 (AWD)
BCML-61-8A2B Duct 2 (FWD)
BFSR-61-8A2B Duct 2 (AWD)

The rear console panel with duct & vents:
BCLV-64-470 02 (FWD) (same number as in previous post)
B0K1-64-470 02 (AWD)

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3
40 Posts
The Japanese parts reseller told me they cannot source the BCLV6447002, because that particular part number is not used in Japan.

So it seems that some part numbers are logistically region-specific, but physically identical. This further hints that the CX-30 parts would fit in the Mazda 3, despite the differing part numbers).
I'll reach out to my US dealer and see what parts they can get to me; I presume they will be able to get the ducting from the CX-30 part numbers, but may not be able to source the rear console panel that is unique to the Mazda 3.

Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Japanese parts reseller told me they cannot source the BCLV6447002, because that particular part number is not used in Japan.

So it seems that some part numbers are logistically region-specific, but physically identical. This further hints that the CX-30 parts would fit in the Mazda 3, despite the differing part numbers).
I'll reach out to my US dealer and see what parts they can get to me; I presume they will be able to get the ducting from the CX-30 part numbers, but may not be able to source the rear console panel that is unique to the Mazda 3.

Fingers crossed.
What about going to a Mazda dealer and measuring the rear panel off of a CX-30?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3
40 Posts
What about going to a Mazda dealer and measuring the rear panel off of a CX-30?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, while the ducting for the rear is identical (in theory), the rear console panel is definitely different between the CX-30 and Mazda 3.
The CX-30 panel is much taller, as the whole center console is taller, and the center armrest has a slightly different design (which the console panel contours to).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Most likely, yes. I can also guess the dealer would have that "something" if you'd install it there.

No. Actuator is also needed, otherwise i dont think it would work.
Without an actuator couldn't you just have it open permanently? Sure it's not ideal. But it gets the air from the same location as the foot wells according to the structural view. So then they would come on whenever one of the foot well modes is selected.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Without an actuator couldn't you just have it open permanently? Sure it's not ideal. But it gets the air from the same location as the foot wells according to the structural view. So then they would come on whenever one of the foot well modes is selected.
If you're to install yourself sure - but if the dealer is to install i cant imagine them installing it without all parts (including actuator)

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3
40 Posts
Stopped by my dealer today and received some news.

Most non-CX-30 part numbers that I tried with my parts guy were not in the system, and therefore not sourceable directly from Mazda in the US, making the rear console panel quite difficult to source.

Worse is that some of the CX-30 parts that were in the system would take too long to be shipped. No dealership in the US has the two main ducts, and the availability is unknown (they told me the next database update for the part will be in October, which doesn’t guarantee it will be in stock then). Makes logical sense; a plastic part that sits inside the console would never break and need replacement.
Only part that was readily available was the A/C case and actuator, for which I put in an order.

Thankfully, the people at my dealer were all friendly and the parts guy was interested to see this project through. He suggested that an alternate source would be too find a junkyard with a CX-30 from which I could gut the interior parts.

If anybody knows of a way to get any of these parts shipped internationally, your help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
454 Posts
That's what I would do. Maybe one day I'll do it.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3
40 Posts
BCNP-61-13Y A/C case
BCNP-61-8A1 Duct 1 (FWD)
BFSR-61-8A1 Duct 1 (AWD)
BCML-61-8A2B Duct 2 (FWD)
BFSR-61-8A2B Duct 2 (AWD)

BCLV-64-470 02 (FWD) (same number as in previous post)
B0K1-64-470 02 (AWD)
I googled these exact part numbers and found a German parts reseller that ships internationally (given that they can source the part from Mazda EU). All of the quoted parts numbers are on the website, but have an exorbitant cost relative to prices from the US. It seems as it is the only OEM option for now, however.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts