2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for the parts numbers needed to get rear vents into non-rear vent equipped car. I saw people retroffied whole 360 cameras, and usually adding rear vents (in other makers) consisted of changing a small plasitc part and running two pipes into the under the seat vents. I also saw that in fact the center console has a separate plastic piece in the back - which could make this a realily

Anyone has the part #?
Also, what markets are these in? I know that they are in Australia for sure.

Update 21.08.2020
My local dealer provided me with a PDF showing the parts themselves.

It looks like the AWD has a different part set than FWD, OR the second part number is the part without the vents (i'm yet to confirm that)

BCLV64470 02 is what I got from australia

BDLV64470 02 is what my local dealer is suggesting in the email
Australia; Cost for part $562.97.labour $66
Poland: Cost for part 1342 PLN with included VAT 23%
(305.17 EUR or 359.32 USD or 274.10 GBP) without cost of labour

The pic is as follows:
I also found the panel itself here: Rear Panel - Mazda (TE69-64-470A-02) | TascaParts.com for CX-9 and its not as expensive (1/10 of the price they ask), so i can imagine this going down in price in a few years from now

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if the CX30 console would work - it has the rear vents.
I was just looking at the interior photos and you might be right!

Interested if all this works out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'll keep this updated :) I'm going to mail australian dealer to see if they can provide me with the part number, then its all about ordering the right parts and getting dealer install it to not void warranty.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Unfortunately I got a response asking me to provide VIN number (which immediately will make them know I'm from Europe).
Anyone from Australia could send such a request to a bunch of dealers? You can find some mails here:

EDIT: I actually got the part numbers!!

Part number BCLV64470 02 Cost for part $562.97.labour $66

·
Registered
38 Posts
Unfortunately I got a response asking me to provide VIN number (which immediately will make them know I'm from Europe).
Anyone from Australia could send such a request to a bunch of dealers? You can find some mails here:

EDIT: I actually got the part numbers!!

Part number BCLV64470 02 Cost for part $562.97.labour $66
Awesome! Is there a place we can order the part online? Can we do it ourselves?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome! Is there a place we can order the part online? Can we do it ourselves?
I talked to my dealer and they can bring it from Japan (or from Belgium from warehouse, but its not there, so its Japan). it's roughly the same price (1350PLN here)

I updated the first post here with my findings from yesterday

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: I got this photo which doesn't look too good from one of the Redditors. The rear panel doesn't seem to have any pipes that are just "plugged". Furthermore there doesn't seem to be space for these anyways :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Update: I got this photo which doesn't look too good from one of the Redditors. The rear panel doesn't seem to have any pipes that are just "plugged". Furthermore there doesn't seem to be space for these anyways :(

Could we take one of rear foot well vents from each side and route it up here somehow?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all, a suggestion, you could contact a wrecking yard and get pricing on obtaining all the parts you require. I have seen BP Mazda 3's in wrecking yards that only have offset frontal damage, so the parts you require would be in good condition and would cost far less than buying through a Mazda dealer.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey all,

I've concluded my searchings that i've done for the past days regarding retrofitting rear vents.
It turns out, for the whole thing to work, you need:
  • - back vents (~500$)
  • - a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT center console ($?)
  • - a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT heater (2650$)-
  • Labor cost (vents themselves were quoted 66$, I suspect at least 500-600$ for taking apart everything noted here)
  • likely even more
so you basically would need to take apart half of the car and pay 20% (just in parts) of its price just to get rear vents retrofitted.

As a cheaper alternative, I'm thinking about 3d-printing something like this for our Mazda - that will not replace rear vents and might take some space, but could help in the hottest days.

Car Rear Seat Air Conditioner Outlet Vent Extension Tube for subaru forester outback xv legacy impreza 2019 2018 2017| | - AliExpress

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The subaru rear vents extension has arrived but obviously has a wrong size - a friend of mine is now trying to make an adapter so that whoever feels too hot in the back can always plug it in and have the foot vents throw air and their faces.

Now back to the "retrofit" thread that I thought is now closed - i got some more photos. Based off of these photos, Australian dealer is not right and its totally possible to retrofit rear vents WITHOUT exchanging center console. Furthermore, I was told there is a "place" ideal for cutting out a hole to get center rear vent ducts installed. After all, why would Mazda design TWO heaters just to.. get rear vents? It would make zero sense.

Now, ideally, we would need someone from Australia (or a dealer from Australia) to take his/her center console and area around heater apart to show how it is in fact installed. Then we could conclude if the other heater is in fact the same heater we have, just with a cut out hole, or is it, as the Australian dealer is saying, a completely different heater. I can already say almost for sure the "new center console is needed" claim is bullshit, at least for EU models.

I will continue with both approaches (extending foot vents and making rear center console vents a thing). Feel free to PM me if you can help with any of the approaches!

Since this is not about the parts anymore, i changed the topic title accordingly

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow, so happy I never (well, once I had one passenger) have rear passengers.
haha, I'm jealous! I often give a ride to my older parents and sometimes my dog, which would really use some cold air in the back :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Sooo I was digging a bit more, and got this from the AU dealers:

full access to ALL mazda manuals for 19.95$. Sounds like a gold mine. And it was!

Turns out I was right - all we need is in fact:
  • two ducts (rear vent duct no. 1 and rear vent duct no. 2)
  • rear vents
  • rear vents actuator
  • connector
  • and what i'm unsure about removal of rear vents plug or making a hole in it (im yet to get a confirmation if that is a removable part or not)
Look at the two pictures below - its clear that this part will fit into the other image area.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actuator? So that means we would have to code something...
Most likely, yes. I can also guess the dealer would have that "something" if you'd install it there.

I'm following this...
If you could get the part numbers for the 2 ducts, the rear cover with the vents it should be enough right?
No. Actuator is also needed, otherwise i dont think it would work.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3
40 Posts
Most likely, yes. I can also guess the dealer would have that "something" if you'd install it there.

No. Actuator is also needed, otherwise i dont think it would work.
Assuming that the climate systems w/o rear vents are compatible, do you know if there are dealers or parts websites that are willing to ship the parts (be it Australian, or from any other market that has rear vents) internationally (in my case, the US)?

I know that some dealers in the US have a fully-cataloged parts website from which you can easily buy parts (e.g. this dealer). I wonder if Australia, or another region w/ climate vents, has sites like these.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts