2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw some reference to this in past threads but don't know if it ever got fixed. When I go into the Bluetooth pairing options for my iPhone 5 and select "Phone Only", then reconnect my phone, it always goes back to "Phone and Audio". I tried unpairing and repairing my phone with no luck. Has anyone found a way to make this setting stick?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Once I select "phone only", when pairing, it remains on that selection. But, I have to select that each time I start the car and pair the phone/car, otherwise, it will revert back to "Phone and Audio". It seems that "Phone and Audio" is the default setting when you initially pair the phone/car, at startup. I does the same whether I'm using my iPhone or Android.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bumping my old thread here... any chance a recent Infotainment update fixed this so it retains the "Phone Only" setting across restarts? I'm still running v33.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I posted about this issue a while ago and was never able to get it to stick to Phone Only. I had my system updated and it was working for about a week and then started reverting back to Phone and Audio again upon start up. I've tried everything I can think of, both on the infotainment center and my phone (iPhone 6 running latest OS) and nothing works. E-mails and postings to Mazda (using their website, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) have all gone unanswered. My dealer has also been unresponsive. It's ridiculous that we can't get the setting to stick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts