2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BNA
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I have backed up the JCI folder on USB and have changed some codes and images in gui/resource.
And now i want to replace /restore that backed up folder to JCI folder on my mazda 3.
Would you guys please show me how to do that.

Thanks,

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hello friends,

I have backed up the JCI folder on USB and have changed some codes and images in gui/resource.
And now i want to replace /restore that backed up folder to JCI folder on my mazda 3.
Would you guys please show me how to do that.

Thanks,
The backup was in case a developer wanted to see system file changes and not as a JCI restore most likely. Not sure if anyone has written a script to properly restore the entire JCI folder to the CMU. That would be a huge restore that for 99.99% of files would be redundant and very possibly subject to an error that would brick your system. Better is to log in via SSH and archive the few files you want to replace and then copy over your changes. Otherwise write a small shell script to do this via USB using the AIO scripts as an example.

·
BNA
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks anderml1955,

By the way, do you know how to run the infotainment system frontend on my pc for testing before i copy to my cmu.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts