2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Small question

How to reset / see trip A in Mazda 3? On the left of the tach. there is the total Milage on the right of the tach. there is the fuel consumption and average till next refill (can be changed by clicking on Info + - ) ... but how to set / view Trip A? like if you want to measure how many KM from one place to another.

I found the stick that is sticking from the dash, but it only rotates and changes the brightness of the Instrument Cluster and the MZD Connect?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Or you can set the option in the Fuel Economy Monitor to automatically reset Trip A.
What that setting actually does is peg the fuel economy "bar" on the bar graph to trip A. It doesn't automatically reset trip A. So it lets you independently measure fuel economy on say, a specific trip that you're monitoring with trip A or a tank of gas if you reset A each time you fill up.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What that setting actually does is peg the fuel economy "bar" on the bar graph to trip A. It doesn't automatically reset trip A. So it lets you independently measure fuel economy on say, a specific trip that you're monitoring with trip A or a tank of gas if you reset A each time you fill up.
Oh really? I must have read the manual wrong lol. Doh. Oh well, still useful. I also set it up so it displays the fuel economy screen when you shut off the car.

But, I didn't find the option (I'm on V20) :mad 1:. Which version are you at? Can you point/photo how to get to it?
I'm on V.29, but I'll have to look to see exactly how I did it. It was in the manual though under the fuel economy monitor section and I changed it in the settings I believe. There are so many settings in this car that I've forgotten how I did most of them lol!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Unsolicited advice...

While the reset feature works in v20 through v31, you really need to update :(

V20 is super, super crashy beta quality code. Current's still not perfect but it's MUCH more stable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts