2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this off a Mercedes site and wondered if this works for most electronically controlled gas pedals.

1. Turn ignition to start position but don't turn the engine on.
2. Press the gas pedal 80% of the way and hold for 15 secs or so. (80% causes the response to be a bit sharper pushing the range away from WOT)
3. Turn the ignition off leaving the key in it. (I imagine your foot should be off the pedal at this point.)
4. Start the engine.

I did this for fun on my sky3 but can't tell if there is much difference. I already have a heavy foot so it might of already been setup for aggressive driving. That's if there actually were any resettable features.

Does this look familiar to anyone and it is true for our cars also?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I dont see what the purpose of this procedure would be but unless the computer is setup to respond to that input its not gonna do anything but waste your time haha

Usually the only thing you reset on electronic throttles is the minimum stop/idle after you clean the throttle body but even then you need a scanner for that

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah.

I've just realized that I've posted this in the wrong section. Oh well.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
If you started a thread in the wrong section just hit the report button or tag a mod. We''ll take care of it.

Were bored. Give us something to do. :tongue:

Reactions: Crespo

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
54 Posts
^ Same as Sprint Booster

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Or you could just buy a Mazdaspeed and have complete freedom to change the the accelerator pedal and throttle settings to any setting you desire. You aren't constrained by any presets either. The settings are infinity adjustable. You'd need a Cobb AP to do this.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ Same as Sprint Booster
That's the other one that I was trying to remember the name. Apparently most compact cars in the past decades had a positive curve electronically to give the car a peppy feel but now a days a negative curve will help with fuel economy which has been a trend because of fuel prices ever increasing. From what I understand the Skyactiv have a negative curve pre programmed. When they used cables the plastic piece at the throttle assembly was shaped somewhat oval to cause a mechanical positive curve.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The Lexus CT and the Nissan Juke have a button to make the CVT rev on a different curve. I tended to use less gas on a peppier curve, personally. I liked the button. ^-^

-Crissa

1 - 13 of 13 Posts