2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the different authors, and thanks to this forum, a lot of members know how to build SD cards for their car (a good subject, because Mazda charges an awful lot of money for it; to add insult to injury, you do not get two updates a year anymore, go figure).

People who did buy their Nav-cards are faced (at least in Europe) with the limit of 3 years map updates.

Building a new Nav-card yields in no result : the expiry period doesn't change as this period is (apparently) coupled to the cars' VIN.

So the only option you have is to renew any subscription through the MZD toolbox, and paying with your credit card.

Anybody knows how to extend the validity of a current system? Experts here must be able to change some files on the SD-card to withdraw any time-limitations on it, or resetting them?

·
Registered
181 Posts
That's a really good point. I also would like to know if there is any option to reset it but i believe the data is recorded server side. I couldn't even tested it properly while in the 2 months trial period because of wifi connection problems and mazda's own server side issues. Just after my cmu replaced because of the shielding problem, trial period ended. I don't want to pay that much money to a service which I'm not even sure whether if it works properly or not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's a really good point. I also would like to know if there is any option to reset it but i believe the data is recorded server side. I couldn't even tested it properly while in the 2 months trial period because of wifi connection problems and mazda's own server side issues. Just after my cmu replaced because of the shielding problem, trial period ended. I don't want to pay that much money to a service which I'm not even sure whether if it works properly or not.
After CMU replacement and having wifi working fine now I've asked Mazda for extension of Connected services trial and been granted with another 60 days. So don't wait and ask for extension.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts