2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Mazda 3 s sport. I changed the tires on it and now the TPMS light is always on, the tire pressure is fine. The car doesn't appear to have a TPMS button at all, as shown in the picture. Does anyone know how to reset it without the button?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That panel is just left of the steering wheel, it is not on the arm rest but rather on the lower part of the front dashboard

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just new tires? How about the sensors? Did they get replaced too? Or broken maybe?
The tires are the only thing that changed. The TMPS warning light was off before changing tires, and came on after i changed them. So while the sensors may be broken, it would be an odd coincidence.

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
The tires are the only thing that changed. The TMPS warning light was off before changing tires, and came on after i changed them. So while the sensors may be broken, it would be an odd coincidence.
Or negligence. No problems before the tires were replaced, malfunction after the tires were replaced. That is not a coincidence. One or more of the sensors may be damaged.

·
Registered
47 Posts
How do you know if your car has tpms? which warning light is that? I also have a 2011, but not sure if mine has tpms.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
All 2010 and up have tpms. I would check the pressure of your tires they should automatically go off after driving 10-20 miles. There is no button to reset them it turns off as long as the tire pressure is accurate.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't think mine has tpms. I set the tire at around 10psi and no i dicator. Even when lighting my dash christmas lights (ignition on) I don't see the tpms indicator. I don't have the US Mazda 3 so maybe my Japanese version didn't come with tpms....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having a similar issue. I had to replace the TMPS sensors in my 2010 3 and used the Autel programmable ones. Installation went fine and on initial start up I got the three beeps and flashing TMPS symbol indicating system fault. I drove the 15 minutes at a minimum of 15 mph for the relearn procedure which I believe worked because the flashing and beep which are supposed to indicate a system problem haven't come back just the constant TMPS light is on. I have checked the pressure every morning since and it has been constant at 35 psi but the light won't go off. Is there a way on the 2010 to calibrate the system?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We JUST left from an emergency repair Where we had all four tires replaced and one of the sensors replaced. Obviously, all of the tires are at the right capacity. The light is still on though. Like in the picture above, there is no button to reset the TPMS in my car so I’m wondering if the repair person screwed up or if we screwed up. 😑

I am having a similar issue. I had to replace the TMPS sensors in my 2010 3 and used the Autel programmable ones. Installation went fine and on initial start up I got the three beeps and flashing TMPS symbol indicating system fault. I drove the 15 minutes at a minimum of 15 mph for the relearn procedure which I believe worked because the flashing and beep which are supposed to indicate a system problem haven't come back just the constant TMPS light is on. I have checked the pressure every morning since and it has been constant at 35 psi but the light won't go off. Is there a way on the 2010 to calibrate the system?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts