2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helllo all! Got a couple questions for the pros out there.

1.Thinking about doing res or muff delete or both. Saw some youtube videos they both sound nice. I drive highway alot so i dont want it too loud and annoying. Also want to keep my mpg high as possible. Soooo...which would be the best set up for me or should i not do any of them. what are the pros/cons in general?

Would like a little sound from the car thats the main purpose, and i dont have 600$+ for a real exhaust lol. thannks guys

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
If you want a VERY cheap option, a buddy of mine replaced his muffler with a speed3 resonator and finished with a truck pipe and it sounds pretty good! My setup is another cheap option...replacing the muffler with a magnaflow muffler...not very loud at all but a substantial deepening of tone and a nice growl above 3500rpm.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Don't delete the resonator. Delete the muffler.
Yeah, what he said. If you drive a lot of highway then a resonator is your friend. Even removing the muffle entirely may be a little too much for constant highway use. My recommendation would be to do like tastic: get a Magnaflow and have it welded up. Magnaflow makes some excellent and affordable mufflers, and if you shop around you should be able to get something installed correctly for well under your budget. That way you still have a nice growl with minimal (if any) drone.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crap my bad guys wrong section...i have a speed3 need to move this to mazdaspeed thread...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts