2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if anyone has really explored this... I'm not seeing any threads on it. TSR relies on the Nav SD Card to function. I wonder if there's a file on the SD Card that tells the system to enable TSR? Could somone with TSR upload their Nav SD Card's contents so I can compare it to mine?

·
Registered
703 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone has really explored this... I'm not seeing any threads on it. TSR relies on the Nav SD Card to function. I wonder if there's a file on the SD Card that tells the system to enable TSR? Could somone with TSR upload their Nav SD Card's contents so I can compare it to mine?
TSR uses the camera mounted at the top of the windscreen to recognise traffic signs. It can't use the nav system since sometimes it misses a sign in a 30mph zone and doesn't display a traffic sign when the nav system must know you are in a 30 mph area.

TSR is quite useful to remind you of the speed limit in towns where I live where the speed limit keeps flipping between 30mph and 40mph. Sometimes TSR misses speed limit signs and doesn't show any speed limit. On a few occasions TSR has misread a sign and shows the No Entry sign for no reason!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TSR uses the camera mounted at the top of the windscreen to recognise traffic signs. It can't use the nav system since sometimes it misses a sign in a 30mph zone and doesn't display a traffic sign when the nav system must know you are in a 30 mph area.

TSR is quite useful to remind you of the speed limit in towns where I live where the speed limit keeps flipping between 30mph and 40mph. Sometimes TSR misses speed limit signs and doesn't show any speed limit. On a few occasions TSR has misread a sign and shows the No Entry sign for no reason!
Good stuff man.. I do have that camera, for smart city brake support I believe. Could you perhaps upload the contents of your SD card?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Good stuff man.. I do have that camera, for smart city brake support I believe. Could you perhaps upload the contents of your SD card?
The TSR function is not related to SD card at all. you might enable TSR in the As-build information inside the Front camera module.

Research on the forum, there's another thread for as-build info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts