2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day guys,

I've been trying to chase down a copy of the latest update to the navigation maps for Australia and haven't seemed to have any luck.

I've tried the following:
  • MZD Connect - The application is stating there has been no updates since 2013(even though there was a release July this year), and will not allow a subscription to be purchased stating it's not an option.
  • HiDrive Link - I've tried checking out this fantastic resource for the latest download, however Australia just happens to be one of the two areas that doesn't have an update stored on the drive.
  • Mazda Support - Yeah... I've even tried these guys, however the VIN on my car seems to be the incorrect VIN for some reason so they're refusing to help me online and the local dealerships weren't much help either.

SO... after all that, if anyone does happen to have the a copy... I'd be forever in your debt. :biggrin:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi, even though I don’t have your proposed solution I’d recommend getting the Apple CarPlay/Google Android Auto and using your phone for navigation. The cost of keeping the maps updated for three years should cover the cost of the HW update. After those three years the price advantage of the CP/AA solution would be even bigger. Two more advantages are aleays up to date maps in phone (obsolete maps in MZD even if updated properly) and realtime traffic information if connected online in phone. MZD connect should be replaced with new version in the near future so AA/CP is also more futureproof.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, even though I don’t have your proposed solution I’d recommend getting the Apple CarPlay/Google Android Auto and using your phone for navigation. The cost of keeping the maps updated for three years should cover the cost of the HW update. After those three years the price advantage of the CP/AA solution would be even bigger. Two more advantages are aleays up to date maps in phone (obsolete maps in MZD even if updated properly) and realtime traffic information if connected online in phone. MZD connect should be replaced with new version in the near future so AA/CP is also more futureproof.
Hey mate,

Thanks for the response. I already do exactly this, I'm just a bit of a fanatic when it comes to updates. ?
I love new features, bug fixes and tweaks! ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you just buy a new map card? I'm not sure if there's an Australian equivalent to being able to do that easily from online resellers in the US...
That's a good idea actually, I've got the model number on my Navi card so there's every chance I could I suppose. Thanks for that, who knows, it might even be cheaper? :laugh2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts