2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just recently got a 2016 and although I can receive text messages for some reason I do not have any option to reply to them using the preset messages. Is there a reason I cant reply? also even though I have selected to download all messages or whatever the option is in the settings when I go to view my text messages only messages I received while being in the car during the current trip are shown and then reset everytime I turn off car then back on. Is this normal?

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
That was my fear your answer would be, in short
iOS doesn't support other devices telling it to send a text message.
Yup, that was my guess too. One of the main reasons I dumped iOS. Their stuff is so proprietary, it just doesn't play well with anything.

Went to Galaxy Note8 after being a long time curser of the early days of Android. Took a leap and never looked back. Android has come a long long long way since I last used. No more lag, stuff makes sense, and it integrates with freakin everything. Literally integrates to my Windows10 laptop and I send and receive texts on it all day long. I barely pick up my phone when I'm using my laptop.

That said, back to the car -- Bluetooth works perfect, and I can reply to texts, but note the reply function isn't a custom type function - it uses predetermined texts that you set up. So they can be like, "ok" or "hey, driving, text you soon." or anything else you want them to say, it gives you like 10 slots to customize. But after every text, it says "Sent from my Mazda fast text system" or something like that. So that's a little dumb, but at least people know I'm driving and to leave me alone.

I know it's disappointing to know your iPhone doesn't work with it, I was in the same boat when I bought mine. But I was ready for an upgrade and that helped me make my decision -- hopefully this sheds some light on your issue

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sadly like they said its not possible with iOS, regardless the text response system isnt great if you have an andriod, as Chazzy J mentioned youre limited to preset options.
Your only real option is to do what the rest of us are doing, which is very impatiently waiting for apple carplay :(

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
later this year they say.... last year was also later this year...... looks like a myth to me... :(
Yeah man, that is too true. I heard (or read)...or somehow...came across the article that they're on a joint venture with Toyota for a new infotainment system. I highly doubt we'll see Apple or Android Auto for a the current infotainment software. I do think Mazda will introduce it, but it will be under a completely new infotainment platform.

That's just my opinion, but I think Mazda knows their current infotainment software isn't exactly "great" and they'd probably like to be done with it altogether and get something a little more dynamic -- and I'm sure Toyota will be able to provide that through joint venture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts