2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Understand I’m positing in a Mazda 3 forum about a Mazda 2 but I couldn’t find a more appropriate place to post this question.

I own a 2014 (November 2014 build) DJ Mazda 2 that came with the MZD Connect Infotainment system and Active Driving Display (HUD).

My current HUD is the first generation unit where the display is monochrome (all blue).

I have the option to replace my HUD with a unit that’s been removed from a current 2018 Mazda 2 wherw the HUD is in colour.

Is anybody able to advise whether the unit will fit my 2014 model Mazda 2 and would the display be in colour?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,255 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Understand I’m positing in a Mazda 3 forum about a Mazda 2 but I couldn’t find a more appropriate place to post this question.

I own a 2014 (November 2014 build) DJ Mazda 2 that came with the MZD Connect Infotainment system and Active Driving Display (HUD).

My current HUD is the first generation unit where the display is monochrome (all blue).

I have the option to replace my HUD with a unit that’s been removed from a current 2018 Mazda 2 wherw the HUD is in colour.

Is anybody able to advise whether the unit will fit my 2014 model Mazda 2 and would the display be in colour?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Chris

The Mazda CX-3 Replaced the Mazda 2 in North America at the end of 2015. Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Mazda CX-3 Replaced the Mazda 2 in North America at the end of 2015. Good luck

In Australia, we have both the Mazda 2 and CX-3 (which is a SUV version of the Mazda 2).

·
Registered
89 Posts
AFAIK no body has tried this swap. Some members asked a while ago to do it on the 3 platform but so far no news if somebody tried and succeeded.

Maybe on the topic related to AS BUILT programming somebody has more info or knows if there is some restriction due to other modules incompatibility.

Good luck anyway.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AFAIK no body has tried this swap. Some members asked a while ago to do it on the 3 platform but so far no news if somebody tried and succeeded.

Maybe on the topic related to AS BUILT programming somebody has more info or knows if there is some restriction due to other modules incompatibility.

Good luck anyway.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk

I had a look at the AS BUILT programming and didn’t see anything that would lead to differences between the mono and colour HUD units.

I’ll give it a go and report back in the new year.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry for bringing this topic back from the dead, but were you successful in the swap from the first gen of the active display to a newer color one?

I had a look at the AS BUILT programming and didn’t see anything that would lead to differences between the mono and colour HUD units.

I’ll give it a go and report back in the new year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts