2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I am very new to this forum and I am also a complete noob in car repairs. Therefore, I came here to ask for help in replacing the headlight on the passenger side.
Basically what happened is a grandma bumped into the front bumper of my car (Mazda 3 GT, sedan, 2014). The bumper dented; I decided not to call insurance as that was a minor accident + grandma was really old + it happened at a hospital parking lot (some disaster happened in her family). And I didn't take any money from her as I thought it would be a minor fix.
In a week water began appearing on the inside of the headlight. Then, the LED began blinking. Shortly after that, it died.
I brought the car to dealer and asked for replacement (152000 km was driven on the car, thus no warranty coverage applies). They would charge like $800 CAD + tax, which I considered a bit unreasonable, and thought I would explore other options.
At this point, I don't really want to try to repair the headlight itself as I just want to deal with this once and forget about it. Instead, I just want to find out where to get an appropriate replacement that would be same as the one on driver's side, it's original. I would consider to replace the two of them to make sure they are same, look good, and maybe even better than the original ones. As I tend to drive a lot on highways, I would say that the original headlights didn't really impress me in terms of their intensity.
Please let me know what your thoughts are:wacko:

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think you should call insurance every time you get in an accident. Sorry, can't help with the headlight...

·
Registered
62 Posts
So, I just typed in Mazda parts online and clicked on one of the links. I am not totally sure as to your transmission, but the link I have below, is just to get you to the general area of the website. If the dealership quoted you $800, I would go for it, especially if you are unsure as to what to do. On the website it is over $700 for the unit. I am sure you can find cheaper ones in junk yards and what not. I would just have the dealership deal with it, that way if something goes wrong, they are responsible to fix it. Totally up to you, just figured if you are unsure on it, and the unit itself costs over $700 just in parts, then it might not be a bad idea.

If you are up to do the install, I also have put in an address for a youtube video of the install of the LED headlamps. This is not exactly what you are looking for, but it gives you a general idea of the work that would most likely be involved in the repair.

I have never done this repair, but I still wanted to see if I could help you out with the search.

Anyway, hope this helps. Good Luck on whichever you decide! :)

http://www.mazda-parts.com/2014-maz...c_3-headlamps_lights_parts-headlamps-5419025/

https://youtu.be/Cjy3e6dha60

·
Registered
117 Posts
Check out "Car-Part dot com"
It's a nationwide / North America wide (It shows some parts in Can $) junk yard look up site

HTHs
Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts