2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Replacement 17 mm Oil Drain Plug

17K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  TSpinner 
#1 · (Edited)
2016 Mazda3. Managed to strip my oil drain plug (at center area where hex wrench is inserted) and looking for replacement. Will any 17mm oil drain plug work?

#8 ·
Looks like the F106S may be better for my car being so low......I doubt clearance would be an issue but err on the side of caution I guess!??!

Specifications

Diameter: 14 mm
Thread Pitch: 1.5
Gasket: 14 mm
Nipple Dimension: 3/8" - 10 mm
Nipple Length: 1/5" - 5 mm
Weight: 2.9 oz

#9 · (Edited)
#11 · (Edited)
Good question, sorry for any confusion my original post created. I was referring to the head size of the old style replacement plug which was 17mm. Not a fan of the current design which requires 8mm hex key...

14mm is correct diameter.

#16 ·
In case someone comes looking for more about replacing the HEX oil drain plug. I emailed several different Mazda dealers who have their parts store online. A few of them said that P/N PE02-10-404 is what they recommend to replace the HEX plug. It will fit the Mazda 3 2.5L engine. I ordered one from my local dealer, including the washer P/N 9956-41-400 for less than $4.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.