2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there.

I was searching through the internet but did not find anything.

Did anyone managed to change the frond whole headlight from a standard one to a new one with led strips and xenon? Is it plug and play?

The same according to tail lights. Did anyone change the whole rear lamp to the one with led strip?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello there.

I was searching through the internet but did not find anything.

Did anyone managed to change the frond whole headlight from a standard one to a new one with led strips and xenon? Is it plug and play?

The same according to tail lights. Did anyone change the whole rear lamp to the one with led strip?

Thanks in advance

Hi !

There are some guys in here that actually bought a pair of chinese bi-xenon headlights with LED DRL but, they all said the same thing:
Even if the headlights are announced as "plug & play" THEY ARE NOT because of the harness !

You'll need to split wires and that's not an easy task.

For the LED tailights, apparently they are "plug & play" so, no worries in here ;)

If you buy the LED tailights post some installation pictures and why not a DIY :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've talked with this seller and they said they are plug and play which I am inclined to believe looking at the harness plug vs the OEM one. Only difference is this ships with a H7 Bi-halogen and you need to hook up the LED halos to a source. Added benefit from not shippping from overseas and having the reflector in the headlight (most aftermarket are eastern style, non us Regulation).
[Plus LED Halo] 2014 2015 2016 Mazda 3 Black Projector Replacement Headlights | eBay

I may get the tail lights as well since apparently it is plug and play. ETA on all of this is next month (taxes lol) so I'll do a write up I suppose.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

so now I got more questions:

1. If I buy this lamp from your link will it work the same as the original one? I mean during daylight only DRLs will work (led strips) and when in gets darker the car will automatically turn on low beam? Can the low beam be LED / or HID Xenon?

2. The other think, my mazda is Hatchback - is the headlight for sedan the same?

3. According to the taillights are you sure they are plug and play (I mean the OEM ones, not chinese)

Regards

·
Registered
267 Posts
1. (1.1) According to the seller yes.
(1.2) The LED DRL Will always be on depending on how you wire them. I may just wire it to the DRL Fuse which will shut them off when I turn on the headlights. Since they are the same connection the low beams should come on.
(1.3) If I got the headlights I would probably pick up a xenon kit from theretrofitsource. I would see the quality of the halogen headlamps before going ahead with a bi-xenon projector retrofit or just the ballast/bulb kit.

2. From what I see they are interchangeable, only the tail lights are different.

3. I'm not sure xavtov seems to believe they are, and I was planning on trying that out as well.

ETA on all this is mid-end february. So if you're going to guinea pig now I look forward to seeing what you end up doing. Taking the front bumper off is cake.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked at the photos of the connections on the led taillights and it seems the connections are the same. So I may try to do this even this or no sooner than next week

·
Registered
267 Posts
I looked at the photos of the connections on the led taillights and it seems the connections are the same. So I may try to do this even this or no sooner than next week

That is what I found as well when I was looking, hopefully not too good to be true. Check return policies before purchasing, I know some have restocking fees etc. I may try to get my tails from wrecked 3's

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got todays the whole back of the car (boot door) from a wrecked car, as I learned that there are 4 types of harness

- no camera no led
- camera no led
- camera led
- no camera led

So I need to change the harness from CAMERA NO LED to CAMERA LED and this is why I bought a whole boot door with led lamps and harness and camera

I will try to do this tomorrow or on saturday so I will keep you updated

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another question

Any ideas why these two lamps have so much different connectors?? (I cannot post links so I will write you an auction number for EBAY, you just paste it in the search bar

·
Registered
267 Posts
The second lamp is made as an oem replacement so it will have the original connections more or less. The one I found is basically a 1-1 halogen replacement and doesn't have the complicated electronics for auto adjust etc.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sounds possible, but take a look

the low beam lamp on oem headlap is H11 yes? yes

only the second lamp has h11 connector

I mean the problem is I am afraid that the lamp I buy will not work like the old one which would be:

Daylight - DRL, no low beam
Night - low beam and high beam if needed

·
Registered
37 Posts
Guys ! Headlights ARE NOT PLUG & PLAY do a research on here, they have different wires... day and night i should say !

If you're going to expend some money on these, you'll need to find a guy who knows how to do the wiring.

And yes, for the tailights, they are plug & play (100%sure)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
You sure about that? These connectors look like an exact match vs other aftermarket solutions if you compare as close as possible, it's even one harness plug vs the multiple on others. I've been on contact with the seller (they're in the us) and they say yes as well.
Glad to hear about the tails, definitely getting that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mazda3 2014-2016 Original Style
AND Mazda6 2016 Style

Attachments

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
Wow those look amazing! I'd love to have that setup.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OKAY GUYS I GOT SOME NEWS ABOUT REAR LAMPS - AND THEY ARE NOT PLUG AND PLAY!

My car is a 2014 Hatchback Mazda 3

I have purchased the whole complete rear door with LEDs from a wrecked car and the LED fender lamps. The door also had the rear view camera which I also wanted to retrofit.

The fender LAMPS are plug and play. For the door lamps the noLED have one connector, LEDs have to connectors. Having in mind the fact that for the camera I also need to attach some cables to C-16 connected I decided no change my whole rear door wiring harness to the one from the car that had the LEDs and camera.

After doing that everything was plug and play. The less are working well, the camera also.

Unfortunately I do not know why - the rear door wiper stopped working after changing the whole wiring harness. All connectors are connected, the fuses are also okay. everything else works fine.

I do not care about the rear wiper as I do not use it, but the truth is it does not work.
@Defcon63 does your front lamps fit the HB mazda 3 or only sedan (I am not sure but the front lamps may be the same). Does your lamp work as the original xenon/led lamp (I mean during the day do you have only the LED stripe on and rear lamps off, and when the auto light function knows its dark the low beam go on)

regards

·
Registered
18 Posts
OKAY GUYS I GOT SOME NEWS ABOUT REAR LAMPS - AND THEY ARE NOT PLUG AND PLAY!

My car is a 2014 Hatchback Mazda 3

I have purchased the whole complete rear door with LEDs from a wrecked car and the LED fender lamps. The door also had the rear view camera which I also wanted to retrofit.

The fender LAMPS are plug and play. For the door lamps the noLED have one connector, LEDs have to connectors. Having in mind the fact that for the camera I also need to attach some cables to C-16 connected I decided no change my whole rear door wiring harness to the one from the car that had the LEDs and camera.

After doing that everything was plug and play. The less are working well, the camera also.

Unfortunately I do not know why - the rear door wiper stopped working after changing the whole wiring harness. All connectors are connected, the fuses are also okay. everything else works fine.

I do not care about the rear wiper as I do not use it, but the truth is it does not work.
@Defcon63 does your front lamps fit the HB mazda 3 or only sedan (I am not sure but the front lamps may be the same). Does your lamp work as the original xenon/led lamp (I mean during the day do you have only the LED stripe on and rear lamps off, and when the auto light function knows its dark the low beam go on)

regards
Fit both sedan/Hatchback,,, Taillight is plug & Play but need to modify a little bit

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My HB was not plug and play - there was no connector for the led stripe installed in the rear door, so either you had to do a modification, or you had to change the whole wiring harness

the fender lamps, were indeed plug and play

1 - 20 of 32 Posts