2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

New to the forum, usually a lurker. I am just struggling to find the information i need.

I currently own the base model mazda 3. The infotainment system is just a basic one but i am looking to install the higher model MZD Connect system from the higher models. I am just wondering is it just a plug and play system where it will work with the current harness?. I dont want to fork out 600 dollars+ from a wrecker only to find out that the base model harness does not work.

Any help regarding this topic would be very helpful. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys,

New to the forum, usually a lurker. I am just struggling to find the information i need.

I currently own the base model mazda 3. The infotainment system is just a basic one but i am looking to install the higher model MZD Connect system from the higher models. I am just wondering is it just a plug and play system where it will work with the current harness?. I dont want to fork out 600 dollars+ from a wrecker only to find out that the base model harness does not work.

Any help regarding this topic would be very helpful. :)
I was trying to do the same and no. Some time ago one user bought the screen, the cd unit and the knob but the harness are way different and couldn't use them.

Now I came here looking for a new answer because now they are selling the pieces with harness so it should be plug and play but I only have a question of how to connect it to the cars travel computer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts