2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That ring around the moulding for the speedo, the ones painted silver. Can they just pop off? They are a seperate piece but not sure if you have to remove the whole assambly first.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depending how it looked removed, I was going to get rid of it. I might have to paint it black with a brush or use vinyl or as you said pop it off, paint it and then apply super glue on the snaps (which I don't think I'll try.)

·
Registered
437 Posts
I did mine it involved using a flathead very carefully and snapping them off and gluing them back on after I painted them. It looks like shit without the trim. Black plastic tabs all over.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: swerv0428

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did mine it involved using a flathead very carefully and snapping them off and gluing them back on after I painted them. It looks like shit without the trim. Black plastic tabs all over.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Nice to know that ahead of time. I guess I'll chose my options wisely.

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bet a feeler gauge would work if you were able to slide it in where the tab is holding. Depending on the tab size and the feeler gauge thickness. Might have to trim one to fit. If you break the tabs, they must be running loose in the assembly. I don't like the sound of that if it got jammed where it shouldn't be. Plus, possibly adding rattling noises.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts