2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently bought a used 3 Sport that came with leather seats. There's a split or stitch failure at the front of the seat where thigh area meets side bolster.

Got access to the workshop manual for the 2014-2017 model but this is the 2017-facelift. Has anyone had any luck removing the leather cover for repair and is it straight forward? It seems it looking at the steps in the workshop manual and I suspect the steps are much the same.

If the price is right I may as well replace the entire cover.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I hade my '17 replaced in June 2018 due to the tear by my warranty, and I just looked earlier this morning and the new replacement has a vertical tear on the seam in almost the same spot !

·
Registered
160 Posts
I hade my '17 replaced in June 2018 due to the tear by my warranty, and I just looked earlier this morning and the new replacement has a vertical tears on/adjoining the seam in almost the same spot !
Went for regular servicing on Aug 16th and told service advisor of tear in almost the same area. This time they submitted a claim to Mazda USA, and the service advisor just got back to me last Friday to say Mazda USA declined to replace my leather seat cushion (as this would be the second time in roughly 14-15 months). If I had any concerns, he said I would have to call Mazda USA. Nobody else experience minor vertical tearing in this specific area of their seat cushion?

:mad:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Went for regular servicing on Aug 16th and told service advisor of tear in almost the same area. This time they submitted a claim to Mazda USA, and the service advisor just got back to me last Friday to say Mazda USA declined to replace my leather seat cushion (as this would be the second time in roughly 14-15 months). If I had any concerns, he said I would have to call Mazda USA. Nobody else experience minor vertical tearing in this specific area of their seat cushion?

:mad:
This part feels like vinyl as I know our seats are leather trimmed, not full leather. But this vertical portion where our left thigh pushed down on the front of the seat should have been leather as leather is more flexible than vinyl. Think all of us need to check the area...since our left leg doesn't do much (if we have an automatic trans), there is more constant weight on the front/left vertical stitching area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts