2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this weekend I had my wheels off and I noticed these things glued onto my rims and I had no clue what they were. I went to a tire shop and they told me they were weights.

Wtf.. Why would anyone want to add extra weight.

So, naturally, I removed them. To do this, go grab a knife or flathead screwdriver and use it to pry the extra weights off. Now the wheels will be lighter which is always better.

Driving it since doing that, I have found it feels much sportier and aggressive but that's just my butt dyno.

·
Da belle of da ball.
3,542 Posts
So this weekend I had my wheels off and I noticed these things glued onto my rims and I had no clue what they were. I went to a tire shop and they told me they were weights.

Wtf.. Why would anyone want to add extra weight.

So, naturally, I removed them. To do this, go grab a knife or flathead screwdriver and use it to pry the extra weights off. Now the wheels will be lighter which is always better.

Driving it since doing that, I have found it feels much sportier and aggressive but that's just my butt dyno.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Um...no...just no. Go back to the tire shop and have them put the weights back on. They're there to balance the wheel to eliminate vibrations.

Reactions: tastic

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Closing this thread. Whether OP is trolling or truly doesn't know, this thread is pointless.

If the latter is the case, I urge OP to google "wheel tire balancing".

Don't need a thread for a single point that should be common knowledge filled with jokes making fun of you. Trust me kid, I'm doing you a favor.

Attachments

·
Da belle of da ball.
3,542 Posts
Removing extra weight 2

If he was serious, he removed the weights because they were extra weight. Not for aesthetic reasons, but because racecar. That thread and this thread are definitely in need of locking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.