2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Mazda 3 S Sport
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good 'how to' or guide remove stupid dealer stickers. They are like text pinstripes not a badge or emblem.. I was thinking WD40 and a blow dryer but would like to leverage others first hand experience.

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Mazda 3 S Sport
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry. I was googling it and wanted to confirm. Should have done that. In any case mine came right off with my finger although it was like 50 little letters took only 5 min without any solvents or heat gun.

·
Rocket Scientist
36 Posts
For the dealer sticker on the paint - I used this stuff called goo gone & a plastic scraper.
For the lettering stickers showing their web address on my rear windshield - I used just the plastic scraper
For the license plate frame - I used a Phillips.

It was all easy, and I never felt like I was going to damage my paint.

·
A.K.A. - Zuma2010
900 Posts
For the dealer sticker on the paint - I used this stuff called goo gone & a plastic scraper.
For the lettering stickers showing their web address on my rear windshield - I used just the plastic scraper
For the license plate frame - I used a Phillips.

It was all easy, and I never felt like I was going to damage my paint.
Man, those bastards really dealer'd up your car. I'm glad you got it all off ok. I had a friend that had a dealer sticker that actually ate into the paint, because he waited a couple months to take it off. He got mad at them, and they said that their contract stipulated that he had the right to remove the sticker at any time, and that as soon as he drives off the lot, the dealer shall not be held responsible for any cosmetic damage done to the car. We read through the contract, and it was all there, although I still find that crap iffy. But whatever, it hasnt happened to me, and he doesnt wanna fight it, so I'm stayin out of it. This was in Oklahoma, and I live in LA, and I wont be buying a car from Oakie any time soon. It seems like LA dealers just put the plate frames on there, and nothing else.

·
Registered
2010 Mazda 3 S Sport
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the lettering stickers off with my finger nails and nothing else. Took 5 min. Rubbed some carnauba wax on it and it looks like it was never there. Dealer debadged!

·
Registered
633 Posts
When I buy a car I tell them straight up, any stickers or license plate frames on the car when I pick it up it will be staying on their lot. Never had a problem yet. I also get it written on the contract.

Pat.

·
Registered
518 Posts
wow, stern man! lol. good idea. ill have to remember that next time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts