2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove the dome light housing? I know there are little clips, but I can't figure it out....................:crybaby 1:

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Uh flat head screw driver in the little tab

·
Registered
5,839 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
nope just put a small flat head in the groove and carefully pry it out.

this one is simple. the one i cant seem to do is the glove box light

·
Registered
633 Posts
If it is the glass you are trying to remove there are a couple of little groves to insert a small screwdriver to snap it off it is very simple. A word of caution though if you get overly energetic trying to get it off you can pop the fitting out of the headliner, if you do this it is almost impossible to reinstall this without dropping the headliner. Someone, I'm not even sure if it was on these forums or another forum managed to devise a way to refit the dome light without taking down the liner but I cannot remember where I read it.

Pat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Apparently you have to remove all of these:

This is from the workshop manual:

INTERIOR LIGHT REMOVALJINSTALLATION
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the rain sensor cover. (Vehicles with auto light/wiper system) (See 09-19-25 RAIN SENSOR
REMOVAUINSTALLATION)
3. Remove the following parts:
(1) Sunroof seaming welt (vehicles with sunroof)
(2) A-pillar trim (See 09-17-50 A-PILLAR TRIM REMOVAUINSTALLATION.)
(3) Front scuff plate (See 09-17-67 FRONT SCUFF PLATE REMOVAUINSTALLATION.)
(4) Rear scuff plate (See 09-17-68 REAR SCUFF PLATE REMOVAUINSTALLATION.)
(5) B-pillar lower trim (See 09-17-59 B-PILLAR LOWER TRIM REMOVAUINSTALLATION.)
(6) Upper anchor of the front seat belt (See 08-11-3 FRONT SEAT BELT REMOVAUINSTALLATION.)
(7) B-pillar upper trim (See 09-17-61 B-PILLAR UPPER TRIM REMOVAUINSTALLATION.)
(8) Rear seat cushion (See 09-13-37 REAR SEAT CUSHION REMOVAUINSTALLATION.)
(9) Tire house trim (See 09-17-54 TIRE HOUSE TRIM REMOVAUINSTALLATION.)
(10)Trunk side upper trim (5HB) (See 09-17-78 TRUNK SIDE UPPER TRIM REMOVAUINSTALLATION.)
(11 )C-pillar trim (See 09-17-63 C-PILLAR TRIM REMOVAUINSTALLATION.)
(12)Map light (See 09-18-67 MAP LIGHT REMOVAUINSTALLATION.)
(13)Sunvisor (See 09-17-106 SUNVISOR REMOVAUINSTALLATION.)
(14)Assist handle (See 09-17-104 ASSIST HANDLE REMOVAUINSTALLATION.)
(15)Headliner (See 09-17-107 HEADLINER REMOVAUINSTALLATION.)

·
Registered
199 Posts
If it is the glass you are trying to remove there are a couple of little groves to insert a small screwdriver to snap it off it is very simple. A word of caution though if you get overly energetic trying to get it off you can pop the fitting out of the headliner, if you do this it is almost impossible to reinstall this without dropping the headliner. Someone, I'm not even sure if it was on these forums or another forum managed to devise a way to refit the dome light without taking down the liner but I cannot remember where I read it.

Pat.

That was me. You have to cut a couple cubes of stiff Styrofoam and stick them up in the headliner so that it holds the headliner stiff enough for the housing to pop back in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That was me. You have to cut a couple cubes of stiff Styrofoam and stick them up in the headliner so that it holds the headliner stiff enough for the housing to pop back in.
I thought about this but isnt that like a fire
hazard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts