2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I bought my Mazda3 2nd hand. Previous owner had a Code Alarm remote start installed.

My keyfob went belly-up. Luckily I had the forethought to buy a dup a few months ago.

Only problem is, I can't find the programming button/switch on the car that will allow me to program it to work with the receiver. Not the valet button- the programming button.

Would anyone have a clue where they might have put it? A Youtube series of 3 videos show an install, but not where they might have put that button.

Thanks for any help!

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
Hi

I bought my Mazda3 2nd hand. Previous owner had a Code Alarm remote start installed.

My keyfob went belly-up. Luckily I had the forethought to buy a dup a few months ago.

Only problem is, I can't find the programming button/switch on the car that will allow me to program it to work with the receiver. Not the valet button- the programming button.

Would anyone have a clue where they might have put it? A Youtube series of 3 videos show an install, but not where they might have put that button.

Thanks for any help!
No bypass button depending on the model, of the remote start.
A new system w/2 transmitters is better, than a single one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it out.

The system I have doesn't have a programming button. I just had to hold the valet button on the antenna until it started flashing. Then it was just a matter of holding the lock button on the remote and voila - it's working great now.

I'll pick up another transmitter when I'm not broke from holiday shopping...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts