2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Mazda 3 hatchback (2.0 L automatic). It’s currently at around 4,000 miles.

Yesterday, I opened the rear left door, put my bag in and closed the door. Then I opened the front left door and got in. A few seconds later, I heard the horn sound and the lights flashed once. I got out and back inside to try to replicate what happened but it didn’t occur again.

I drove for about 30 minutes, parked my car, got out (and closed the front left door), opened the rear left door and got my bag, closed the door, and a few seconds later, I heard the horn sound and the lights flashed once. I was right next to the car when this happened. I tried to open the front left door and it was locked. I tried to replicate what just happened and I couldn’t. I’ve also been opened/closing doors like this for months and the locking/lights flashing/horn sounding like this never happened. What’s unusual is that normally, when I lock or unlock the car, the lights flash but the horn never sounds.

Is my remote malfunctioning? Or is the electronic component of the lock system malfunctioning? Have any of you seen this before? Does it usually get worse?

What do you advise that I do?

·
Working Class Hero
3,566 Posts
Depending on trim level, you may have an auto lock feature that can be turned on and off through the command knob. Also, where is your key fob when this happens?

Sent from a Samsung that doesn't explode.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the isport trim. The key fob is always in my right pocket (I keep my cell phone in my left pocket, if that even makes a difference).

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Did you get 2 key fobs with your car? I did with mine. Try using the other one.

Might also want to replace the battery. No way of knowing how long the battery in there sat on a shelf before you got it. I find mine gets twitchy when the battery starts to drain down.

·
Working Class Hero
3,566 Posts
I have the isport trim. The key fob is always in my right pocket (I keep my cell phone in my left pocket, if that even makes a difference).
I asked because I've been known to set off my alarm by leaning on something with my fob in my pocket. Not proud of that lol.

+1 on switching fobs.

Sent from a Samsung that doesn't explode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts