2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Mazda 3 2014 Maintenance Schedule, I see the following to be replaced /changed.
Spark Plugs at 75k
Cabin Filter /Air Filter every 30k miles

The car is at 81k running great.

Today I went to a local Mazda dealer for an oil change and they recommended the following items:
1. Fuel Induction Service/Cleaning - $160
2. Brake Fluid is dirty, due to be flushed - $150
3. Belts are showing wear, Recommended replacement before they split - $280

Are these recommended services? I can't find them in any maintenance schedule.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looking at the Mazda 3 2014 Maintenance Schedule, I see the following to be replaced /changed.
Spark Plugs at 75k
Cabin Filter /Air Filter every 30k miles

The car is at 81k running great.

Today I went to a local Mazda dealer for an oil change and they recommended the following items:
1. Fuel Induction Service/Cleaning - $160
2. Brake Fluid is dirty, due to be flushed - $150
3. Belts are showing wear, Recommended replacement before they split - $280

Are these recommended services? I can't find them in any maintenance schedule.
Not sure about #2 & 3, but don't ever opt for the Fuel Induction service/ cleaning. Unless they're going to show you before & after photos of what they cleaned, it's basically 1) a bottle of fuel cleaner dumped into your fuel tank and/or 2) spraying some carbon cleaner onto your throttle bottle and down the intake runners.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
there is not a single car out there that requires fuel induction cleaning. if you have a problem with debris buildup anywhere, the part needs to be manually cleaned properly. it's a scam.

brake fluid should be flushed at some point but most recommend way too early. you can get a moisture detector cheap off amazon, i've been doing well with mine.

belts you can shine a flashlight on them to look for cracks. if they are cracked yes replace them. better than getting stranded.

·
Registered
327 Posts
there is not a single car out there that requires fuel induction cleaning. if you have a problem with debris buildup anywhere, the part needs to be manually cleaned properly. it's a scam.

brake fluid should be flushed at some point but most recommend way too early. you can get a moisture detector cheap off amazon, i've been doing well with mine.

belts you can shine a flashlight on them to look for cracks. if they are cracked yes replace them. better than getting stranded.
An indy mechanic looks after the wife's Mazda- I can talk to him sensibly about any service issues. On my MB which I service myself the flat belt has a wear indicator pointer- maybe Mazda has something similiar?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
An indy mechanic looks after the wife's Mazda- I can talk to him sensibly about any service issues. On my MB which I service myself the flat belt has a wear indicator pointer- maybe Mazda has something similiar?
That I'm not sure on but now I'm going to check. Thanks for that one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the recommendations. Seemed fishy when they were quoting services that I haven't seen in the owner's manual.
Just changed my own spark plugs so if it's a DIY job, I can get around them.

Good point on using moisture meter on brake fluid and indicator for Mazda

1 - 7 of 7 Posts