2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took my 2010 to the dealership to have them progran the keys and there was a recal on my car but it was for a reflash of the ecu. apparently the computer would read the temp of the air different than it actually was. meaning if its summer time and 95 degrees like it is here the car would think it was hotter or colder and the air fuel mixture was getting messed up. making the car run richer or leaner. i was told that i would not notice a difference and i didnt but at start up it does seem alot smoother. i love this car and its sweet driving dynamics. i will pamper this car just like all of my bmw's i have owned! what a great car!:clap:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Did you happen to get the campaign id number?

·
Registered
227 Posts
They didn't give you a print out of the service they preformed? It should have the campaign number on it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I believe this is Mazda recall #973. I had two campaign stickers on the underside of my hood, and the other sticker is for the electrical wiring recall (#5409D).

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Where are the campaign stickers found? I'm not sure 973 has been done on my car. Any noticeable performance gain?

·
Registered
227 Posts
They should be on the underneath of you hood.
Correct, both were on the underside of my hood. Couldn't tell you if I noticed any difference, as both were done before I picked up the car.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Took my Mazda 3 S Sport 6 manual in for an oil change. Talked to the service adviser and my car had the wiring harness recall and emissions something done before my purchase.

Anyone know what the emmissions service or recall would be?

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
i got my car last month and i checked my hood for those stickers and it doesn't have any. should i ask the service adviser if they did the recall for my car already? should all the new cars must have that sticker on?

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
anybody?:mellow 1:

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
usualy if it is a recal the cars will usually be recalled at port when they arrive or if they already passed that checkpoint at the dealer before delivery. But it is a good choice to check with your local dealer to see if the work has been performed already

·
Registered
5 Posts
Perhaps this is the service bulletin that coincides with #973 ...

Make : MAZDA Model : MAZDA3 Year : 2010
Manufacturer : MAZDA MOTOR CORP
Service Bulletin Number : SB-01-014-09 Date of Bulletin : MAY 07, 2009
NHTSA Item Number : 10030448
Component : POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)
Summary :
MAZDA: ON SOME VEHICLES, WHEN THE ENGINE IS STARTED AFTER PARKING THE VEHICLE UNDER INTENSE SUNLIGHT, THE MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LIGHT (MIL) MAY ILLUMINATE WITH DTC P2183 (ECT SENSOR NO. 2 CIRCUIT RANGE/PERFORMANCE PROBLEM) AND/OR P0111 (IAT SENSOR CIRCUIT RANGE/PERFORMANCE PROBLEM) STORED IN PCM MEMORY. *PE

That IAT sensor (Idle Air Temperature) can cause a rich or lean problem. I know my MZ3 has black sooty tail pipes only after a couple weeks of driving. When I took it into the dealer for my complimentary oil change...I mentioned this and of course got the "it's normal" response.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i got my car last month and i checked my hood for those stickers and it doesn't have any. should i ask the service adviser if they did the recall for my car already? should all the new cars must have that sticker on?
Anyone know if a car purchased late Dec 09 would have these recall items addressed?

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Problem solved?

Perhaps this is the service bulletin that coincides with #973 ...

Make : MAZDA Model : MAZDA3 Year : 2010
Manufacturer : MAZDA MOTOR CORP
Service Bulletin Number : SB-01-014-09 Date of Bulletin : MAY 07, 2009
NHTSA Item Number : 10030448
Component : POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)
Summary :
MAZDA: ON SOME VEHICLES, WHEN THE ENGINE IS STARTED AFTER PARKING THE VEHICLE UNDER INTENSE SUNLIGHT, THE MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LIGHT (MIL) MAY ILLUMINATE WITH DTC P2183 (ECT SENSOR NO. 2 CIRCUIT RANGE/PERFORMANCE PROBLEM) AND/OR P0111 (IAT SENSOR CIRCUIT RANGE/PERFORMANCE PROBLEM) STORED IN PCM MEMORY. *PE

That IAT sensor (Idle Air Temperature) can cause a rich or lean problem. I know my MZ3 has black sooty tail pipes only after a couple weeks of driving. When I took it into the dealer for my complimentary oil change...I mentioned this and of course got the "it's normal" response.
Hi I think I have the same problem with my car too. It was parked for a long time in the sun and I got a Service Engine Soon light and it's not going away, did the dealer fix the problem and how is the car running now?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts