2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a Mazda 3 iGT and am interested in swapping the stock halogen bulbs (both low beam and high beam) for a more pure white (4300K-6000K) halogen bulb. Can anyone recommend a reliable brand, where the bulbs do not burn out within the first year? Thanks!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had Philips Xtreme Vision for about a year and a half. They were great and had a "whiter" color, good bulbs if you're keeping with halogens.
I recently did the upgrades to 9011 and H9 bulbs described in below, they are in general more "white" in color and have much, much better light throw.

https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/forum/general-discussion/halogens/1409801-ryan-s-guide-to-halogen-bulbs

The best you'll find if you do this upgrade are the base Philips bulbs, I don't believe they make "upgraded" ones for those sizes that aren't just a blue cap to give the look of a cooler white color.

Since I just did the change a couple weeks ago I can't much talk about the life of the bulbs but a something to remember - Wear gloves when handling the bulbs any hand oils on the bulb glass will cause a hotspot and shorten the bulb life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts