2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you update to the latest MZD firmware (FW) 70.00.352 NA (yours is 55.00.760 NA), you would loose the capability to install tweaks via USB. USB installing of tweaks is blocked since 59.00.502. To unblock it, you would have to do the serial access with ID7v2: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 (as info the old serial access: www.mazdatweak.com/serial).

The three updateable things:
  • MZD firmware version (yours is 55.00.760) via USB Stick FAT32 (use windows, not MAC)
  • Music database = Gracenote (yours 00.05.00) via USB Stick FAT32 (use windows, not MAC)
  • Nav-SD via Mazda Toolbox at your PC
I would recommend to you the following steps to avoid serial access & keep capability to install AIO tweaks if you decide to do that in the future:
1. Install ID7/Autorun tweak from AIO tweaks from www.mazdatweaks.com at your current MZD firmware version 55.00.760
2. Update MZD firmware: a) to 59.00.546 NA if you want to install AIO Android Auto tweak OR b) to 70.00.100 NA if you do not want to use AIO Android Auto (AA) tweak. Reason: AIO AA does not work at any FW 70.
Higher versions than 70.00.100 (like 70.00.335 NA and the latest 70.00.352 NA) will delete the ID7/Autorun tweak and you will loose capability to install AIO tweaks via USB.
Only install a FW that is for your region - I assume North America = NA N or called NA.
3. Install AIO tweaks if you whish to.

If you decide not to use AIO tweaks in the future, you can update to latest FW 70.00.352 NA.

Read the FW update PDF and stick to the word to it, as you might brick your MZD/CMU otherwise. All on your own risk. FW updates are inofficial, as Mazda only intends to let dealers do the FW updates.
Hi @Tristan-cx5, I'm searching to make an upgrade, reading your post I want to ask you if I'm correct:

CX-3 current firmware is 56.00.240 4A N

reading your steps I should do:

1. Install ID7 in my current firmware
2. Upgrade to 59.00.502 4AN (ADR)
3. Install AIO Tweaks as usual?

Is that correct?

Thank you in advance.

:)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
@Tristan-cx5 this is my system. I have done zero to it so far. I would like to update maps & music apps if possible without screwing anything up and then figure out where to go from there.

What's the difference between the Android Play official app & the AIO versions? I don't understand why you need hardware for one and not the other. Either way, I will probably just take your advice on these matters.

I have also been wondering something. Since there is a risk of "bricking" your unit by making a mistake, is there a way to create a backup somewhat similar to a restore point? I just thought I'd ask before I start applying tweaks.

As always, I appreciate your help!

·
Registered
827 Posts
@The Italian :

Android Auto (AA) differences:
  • Official AA (and Apple Carplay=CP) is official from Mazda, more stable and has no touch capability (can not be activated by tweaks). Needs new hardware (usb hub+cables), which you have to buy/install or let it do the dealer. The new hardware technically is only necessary for CP, but also to activate AA. And the new hub should charge the phone faster.
  • AIO AA is a user project and inofficial, has WiFi support option (less stable than cable) but also can be used via cable, has touch capability. Does not need new hardware.
I do not know more differences, but I am also only a user. Perhaps others know more differences, as my AIO AA experience is more than 1,5 years old, as I use official AA since then (stability reason).

You can not do a backup, like you would at your PC/Mac for easy restoring with a restore point. There is a JCI Backup function in AIO tweaks, but this is not the same as the backup you reffer to - its to get the original data to a usb stick, but there is no easy to use copy back function.

Mazda does not intend/want users to update the firmware - this should only be done by the dealers. And Mazda does not want to use users ID7/Autorun or Tweaks, as they blocked installing tweaks via usb from firmware (FW) 59.00.502 onwards... thats why its so hard to install tweaks via usb and the serial access is necessary at later firmware from factory. And thats the reason why there is no user friendly backup functionality. Thats why you should inform yourself before doing something... and know that its all on your own risk (firmware update and/or AIO tweaks).

The only official way to get AA (Mazda`s intent) is to go to the Mazda dealer and pay him to install latest FW 70 and the new hardware.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Steps are correct, if you start at your FW version (below 59.00.502).

You do not have to uninstall the tweaks, but you could, as far as I know. But I would not use system restore - I think I read something about a hazzle after using system restore with installed tweaks.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts