2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pretty Cool Dude
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sony Xperia Z3 running Android 5.0.2. For some reason, my Mazda is able to notify me of new text messages but when I go to read the message, it just timesout. I have unpaired/repaired my Bluetooth and also reset my phone.
What could the issue be?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do you deleted the paired device on both sides, MZD and phone before you repaired it?

Do you accept the question that the bluetooth device "Mazda" granted access to your messages on your phone during the pairing procedure?

I had similar issues with my Nexus 5. After the upgrade from KitKat to Lollipop some features won't work anymore. Same as I changed to CyanogenROM.

·
Pretty Cool Dude
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you deleted the paired device on both sides, MZD and phone before you repaired it?

Do you accept the question that the bluetooth device "Mazda" granted access to your messages on your phone during the pairing procedure?

I had similar issues with my Nexus 5. After the upgrade from KitKat to Lollipop some features won't work anymore. Same as I changed to CyanogenROM.
Yes, it has access to Messages. I mean im able to receive text notifications. I just can't see the actual message.

The BT device is indeed removed from both sides.

·
Registered
138 Posts
According to the Mazda Handsfree site the MZD supports downloading SMS from the Xperia Z3.
I think that could be the same probleme as with my Nexus.
Mazda checked the compatibility of the device with KitKat. Than Lollipop came out and something has changed in the new Android OS. The change results in problems with the MZD.

You could try to ask your dealer if he can forward this problem to Mazda.
Or update the MZD to the newest version.

·
Pretty Cool Dude
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to the Mazda Handsfree site the MZD supports downloading SMS from the Xperia Z3.
I think that could be the same probleme as with my Nexus.
Mazda checked the compatibility of the device with KitKat. Than Lollipop came out and something has changed in the new Android OS. The change results in problems with the MZD.

You could try to ask your dealer if he can forward this problem to Mazda.
Or update the MZD to the newest version.
MZD being the version of fw in my car? I already have the 55.x.x.753 version

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm not sure if I understood your question......hope this will answer your question.

The "MZD" is the touch screen system of your car. It could be that the word "MZD" is only used in Germany for this system.
But it seems that you have already the newest firmware for this system.
Do you have another Z3 with Android 4.x? Then you could check if this Android version works with hte system.

·
Pretty Cool Dude
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure if I understood your question......hope this will answer your question.

The "MZD" is the touch screen system of your car. It could be that the word "MZD" is only used in Germany for this system.
But it seems that you have already the newest firmware for this system.
Do you have another Z3 with Android 4.x? Then you could check if this Android version works with hte system.
Unfortunately I do not have another phone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts