2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing a 2015 but there's an open recall going on.

The latest version of software for the Connectivity Master Unit (CMU) is now available. By updating the CMU software, the features and functionality of the MAZDA CONNECT system will be further enhanced.
Dealers will reprogram the CMU software to incorporate further improvements in the MAZDA CONNECT system.
Repair status is still incomplete. Should I worry about this? I don't know much about the software but it doesn't seem like a big fix. Why wouldn't a dealer just update the software?

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
i wouldn't worry too much about that, buy the car and make an appointment to get the update.

It's a low priority service bullent and really doesn't effect the safety or drive-ability of the car. The dealer probably doesn't get paid to fix it until it's sold, then they can charge it under warranty

·
Registered
16 Posts
I worked at a dealer this summer while I was home from school, the techs would pull a few off them off the lot in their spare time and update the Mazda Connect. Don't worry the update will be completed before you buy, and most likely has already been done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts