2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Had my recall done late last week while I came in for service 2. When I initially scheduled the service, they told me on phone that the recall was postponed and their best guess was February before it would be ready. So I was surprised that they said I had to get it done when I came in.

Where in Canada are you from?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does this SBS recall also fix the maintenance reminder and fuel economy glitch as well? Or are they separate updates?
They are unrelated issues, but all of them should/can be fixed by one trip to the dealership. Do mention all 3 issues when signing your car in for service.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Update: Got a letter from Mazda Canada today. The fix is officially available as of Feb 24, 2020, for those who have been told it isn't yet available from their dealer. (Canada)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Same in the U.S. and I received the recall letter. I had the complete update done a couple days ago. Dealer didn't have the paper insert for the hardcopy manual.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Had mine updated yesterday on my 2019. The acceleration does feel lighter and more responsive, too early to tell.
Like it's more responsive when you hit the pedals from stop? Cause my car seems to pause for like 1-2sec before actually moving from 0.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Had mine updated yesterday on my 2019. The acceleration does feel lighter and more responsive, too early to tell.
i'm wondering if they pulled your battery power before/after updating your software. if so, it's going to be peppy for some time before it readjusts to your driving habits

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had the recall done about 2 weeks ago but the Mazda recall page is still showing incomplete status for this recall. For those that have had the recall performed what status is shown for your vehicle?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the recall done about 2 weeks ago but the Mazda recall page is still showing incomplete status for this recall. For those that have had the recall performed what status is shown for your vehicle?
It can take sometime for the update to reflect in the database. I had mine done and my Mazda app shows "no notifications"

·
Registered
200 Posts
Had this recall done today along with Service 2. Like a few others have reported, the MRCC seems to behave a little more smoothly and is less jerky and aggressive afterwards as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I'm new to the Mazda3Revolution, bought my first Mazda a little over a week ago; a 2019 Mazda3 Preferred Plus.

Questions regarding the 4219L Recall:

For those that have had the recall done, did the dealer/service dept. affix a Blue Campaign Label on the underside of your hood documenting that the Recall was completed, with the date?

In the service documentation the last steps of the fix states that the service dept. should update the Paper Owner's Manual with “4219L – Owners Manual Supplement.pdf” and “4219L - Customer Acknowledgement Form.pdf” and that they should 1. Fill out a blue “Campaign Label” (9999-95-065A-06) with Campaign No: “4219L”, your dealer code, today’s date. 2. Affix it to the hood or bulkhead.

Reason I ask is because a few days after buying the vehicle the SBS system initiated an emergency braking when it was not necessary. I went online to see if this had happened to anyone else and found out about 4219L. I contacted MNAO support, and they stated that based on the VIN, this vehicle has had 4219L Closed (Fix completed).

But I do not have a Campaign Label under the hood, or any Owner's manual updates.

One last question would be, for those that have had the 4219L Recall Closed for their vehicle, have you had any incidents of the SBS being enacted when it shouldn't have after the fix?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all, I'm new to the Mazda3Revolution, bought my first Mazda a little over a week ago; a 2019 Mazda3 Preferred Plus.

Questions regarding the 4219L Recall:

For those that have had the recall done, did the dealer/service dept. affix a Blue Campaign Label on the underside of your hood documenting that the Recall was completed, with the date?

In the service documentation the last steps of the fix states that the service dept. should update the Paper Owner's Manual with “4219L – Owners Manual Supplement.pdf” and “4219L - Customer Acknowledgement Form.pdf” and that they should 1. Fill out a blue “Campaign Label” (9999-95-065A-06) with Campaign No: “4219L”, your dealer code, today’s date. 2. Affix it to the hood or bulkhead.

Reason I ask is because a few days after buying the vehicle the SBS system initiated an emergency braking when it was not necessary. I went online to see if this had happened to anyone else and found out about 4219L. I contacted MNAO support, and they stated that based on the VIN, this vehicle has had 4219L Closed (Fix completed).

But I do not have a Campaign Label under the hood, or any Owner's manual updates.

One last question would be, for those that have had the 4219L Recall Closed for their vehicle, have you had any incidents of the SBS being enacted when it shouldn't have after the fix?

Thanks
How is everyone doing with this. 2019 preferred AWD sedan. I had the SBS malfunction prior to recall. The brakes locked up. I completed the recall and the malfunction continued. The car spent 30 days at the dealer in August 20 with tech involved to no avail. They couldn’t duplicate. I get the car back and it’s still malfunctioning so I initiated a lemon law claim a few weeks ago. The car is at the dealer today for the same SBS malfunction. This car is dangerous. How is everyone else doing with it?

·
Registered
348 Posts
How is everyone doing with this. 2019 preferred AWD sedan. I had the SBS malfunction prior to recall. The brakes locked up. I completed the recall and the malfunction continued. The car spent 30 days at the dealer in August 20 with tech involved to no avail. They couldn’t duplicate. I get the car back and it’s still malfunctioning so I initiated a lemon law claim a few weeks ago. The car is at the dealer today for the same SBS malfunction. This car is dangerous. How is everyone else doing with it?
No problem here after update

141 - 160 of 160 Posts