2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
UPDATE:

I changed the sensitivity from early to medium and have not had any more warnings in 500 miles or so.
This has been my concern after you reported having 4 warnings after the completion of the SBS recall fix. This new is a relieve and thank you for sharing. This sounds like the warning might have been defaulted to "Early" after the recall fix, unless you intentionally change it. Please confirm.

·
Registered
274 Posts
This has been my concern after you reported having 4 warnings after the completion of the SBS recall fix. This new is a relieve and thank you for sharing. This sounds like the warning might have been defaulted to "Early" after the recall fix, unless you intentionally change it. Please confirm.
I had it set at early from the beginning. I liked the idea if I was about to hit something, knowing early would be good.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Today while driving I noticed that the head up display does not show stop sign information. It is showing speed limit information but all stop sign information that used to display on the dashboard no longer displays at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
I’ve done the recall today. Together with the oil change and tire rotation it took about 90 mins.

·
Registered
327 Posts
OK for those in EUROPE and UK..

There are about 71,000 BP Mazda 3's and DM CX-30 under the same SBS Recall..
All Mazda Dealers in EU/UK have access to all repair methods and procedures which is the same worldwide (the 3 different versions of repair depending on the cars VIN)...
Repair methods again are listed a few pages back by me.
You will be notified by Mazda Europe via mail on what to do...

Here are the VIN numbers and PRODUCTION DATES of the cars that are in the Recall in EU/UK.

Model
Subject VIN range Subject production date range
Mazda3 JMZ BP**** 01 100060 – 143678 From 6 November 2018 through tp 19 October 2019
CX-30 JMZ DM**** 00 100068 – 128082 From 25 April 2019 through to 19 October 2019

·
Registered
11 Posts
My Brake warning went off in heavy snow 1 time after recall. no auto braking applied. I haven't adjusted the sensitivity on it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
any news of recall coming back online? or is it still on hold?
Don't know about the States, but I was told just this a.m. by my dealer that they don't yet have access to the program(s) for this recall (SBS) -- expecting them soon, she said.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Preferred in Machine Grey Metallic
173 Posts
I was told a few weeks ago by my dealer's service manager that the recall was put on hold in the U.S. because reprogramming the 2019 Mazda 3's computer was resetting the car's odometer. At that time, Mazda engineers were working on a fix.

Was this problem addressed? Has anyone in the U.S. had the recall performed? If so, can you confirm that it's working? Thanks!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had the recap done on 12/26 in the US (MD) and no problem (after I set the delay to normal from early).

I can not say there is no problem with the odometer reset. It may only happen on some cars and it may be random.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I was told a few weeks ago by my dealer's service manager that the recall was put on hold in the U.S. because reprogramming the 2019 Mazda 3's computer was resetting the car's odometer. At that time, Mazda engineers were working on a fix.

Was this problem addressed? Has anyone in the U.S. had the recall performed? If so, can you confirm that it's working? Thanks!
Mine is working. Had it done approx 2 weeks ago. Dealer said they they really wanted to wait until they got a new scan tool so they could reprogram instrument cluster in case it failed. I was told it was more than just the odometer that was causing the entire instrument cluster to fail.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Preferred in Machine Grey Metallic
173 Posts
Mine is working. Had it done approx 2 weeks ago. Dealer said they they really wanted to wait until they got a new scan tool so they could reprogram instrument cluster in case it failed. I was told it was more than just the odometer that was causing the entire instrument cluster to fail.
Thanks, @Jhannah469. I just finished speaking with the service manager at my local Mazda dealer in Virginia and he's telling me that, as of today, the new update is not available in this area, but it is coming soon. Perhaps Mazda is doing a rolling update or, as you mentioned, it could be that some dealers simply don't have the required tools yet.

On a positive note, he also said that there have been no reported incidents of the sudden deceleration problem occurring in the United States.

·
Super Moderator
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
On a positive note, he also said that there have been no reported incidents of the sudden deceleration problem occurring in the United States.
I guess we see how much Mazda pays attention to reality. Lots of people have complained about it. Thats why there is a recall.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I guess we see how much Mazda pays attention to reality. Lots of people have complained about it. Thats why there is a recall.
The guy at the dealer is probably making that up and doesn't represent Mazda corporate. Or perhaps he was referring to no known incidents in the U.S. regarding SBR causing an accident. Who knows. But Mazda definitely knows it's a widespread issue, no question, including in the U.S.

·
Super Moderator
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
The guy at the dealer is probably making that up and doesn't represent Mazda corporate. Or perhaps he was referring to no known incidents in the U.S. regarding SBR causing an accident. Who knows. But Mazda definitely knows it's a widespread issue, no question, including in the U.S.
As an employee of the Mazda dealer, he is representing Mazda. Its a problem if he is telling people this despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. That dealer should know the true facts and not be telling customers that the problem does not exist...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is the software fix still on hold in Canada, Toronto to be specific? It hasn't happened to me yet but I hate the uncertainty when driving.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Is the software fix still on hold in Canada, Toronto to be specific? It hasn't happened to me yet but I hate the uncertainty when driving.
Far as I know. I asked about it again last Friday (the 24th) when booking the car in for 16000km service and some further warranty work. I was told then that they (Mazda Canada) are still waiting for this one. We've had no issue with the SBS, but I'd still like the recall done sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Far as I know. I asked about it again last Friday (the 24th) when booking the car in for 16000km service and some further warranty work. I was told then that they (Mazda Canada) are still waiting for this one. We've had no issue with the SBS, but I'd still like the recall done sooner rather than later.
Had my recall done late last week while I came in for service 2. When I initially scheduled the service, they told me on phone that the recall was postponed and their best guess was February before it would be ready. So I was surprised that they said I had to get it done when I came in.

121 - 140 of 160 Posts