2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i'm realliy wanting to get the auto-dim/homelink mirror so i can install it in my car. I didn't realize it was an option.. But after driving(even with my tint), trucks nearly blind me in that mirror. Has any one done this?and do you have a good place to buy the mirror from? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
31 Posts
I actually just installed mine yesterday. Got a brand new Gentex 45A with installation kit from ebay for ~$180ish. A simple search on ebay should get you what you want.

The install is pretty straight forward, but for me, the hardest part was removing the OEM mirror. After 2 days of trying, I managed to take mine off. After that, my mirror was installed and working in about 30mins.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Reactions: Rwayne22

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Imho the auto dim without the homelink is cheaper in mazdagear.com

Sent from my HTC One S Special Edition using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
I searched in the forum i think is the one i belong in.. Didn't think to go outside the box.. because if i can get it here, I would think i would get more direct instruction?????????
i'm a newb.
Thanks for the link.. Perfect
It's all good man just trying to help. We are a lax forum so new worries :stuart:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually just installed mine yesterday. Got a brand new Gentex 45A with installation kit from ebay for ~$180ish. A simple search on ebay should get you what you want.

The install is pretty straight forward, but for me, the hardest part was removing the OEM mirror. After 2 days of trying, I managed to take mine off. After that, my mirror was installed and working in about 30mins.
The link makes it seem a lot harder than 30 mins.. thats pretty encouraging compared to the link i read. Can you post a pic of the finished product?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The link makes it seem a lot harder than 30 mins.. thats pretty encouraging compared to the link i read. Can you post a pic of the finished product?
I'm at work right now, but I will once I get home.

Like I said, wiring is quite simple if you follow the directions properly. T-tap connections were provided with my mirror, so it made splicing ridiculous simple.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Get some tint, seems to help with the glare...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts