2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have tinted my windows and noticed the rear view mirror has some sort of tint/dimming on it as well. It’s not the home-link mirror, but the basic one. Can this tint film be removed from the mirror? It’s hard to see at night especially if it’s raining. Canadian 2019 GT

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do you have an auto dimming mirror? If so, it has a button on it to disable the dimming aspect of it at night. (Though I don't know why you'd want to do this.) It only auto dims when bright light is targeted at the mirror from behind.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If it is auto dimming, I understand the objection, my wife has auto dimming on her mirror and I turn it off every time I drive it. If it is not auto dimming, there should be a switch/leaver on the bottom of the mirror that could adjusted to eliminate the adjustment for bright lights.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Canadian GT would have automatic dimming. There's a button in the middle at the bottom of the mirror. If the amber light is on, then it has automatic dimming on. Push that button again to turn it off. Just keep in mind the driver side mirror dimming is linked to the rearview mirror.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If it is not the one with home link then I don't believe there's a method to turn it off. It does switch off automatically if the ignition is on and you put the gear in R

·
Registered
103 Posts
The manual switch is for non auto-dimming mirrors. For models with auto-dimming, only those with Homelink have an on/off switch. So you're stuck. There's a light sensor on the back so make sure you don't hang anything from the mirror that might interfere.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The manual switch is for non auto-dimming mirrors. For models with auto-dimming, only those with Homelink have an on/off switch. So you're stuck. There's a light sensor on the back so make sure you don't hang anything from the mirror that might interfere.
There's also a light sensor on the front of the mirror, small circle bottom center. If you used glass cleaner on it it may have damaged that light sensor.
Since it's under warranty take it in to the dealer because you may just have a faulty mirror fam.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts