2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I know there are various other topics on this but none specifically catered to the 2015 models so i wanted to create one for future owners seeking assistance as well as myself

The Camera purchased is:

I am a little confused about the wire placement.

I have 3 wires coming from my camera (red/black) and (yellow) as seen here Imgur

the diagram calls for four wires, Am I missing something or can this still work?

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=86010&d=1415216422

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=85994&d=1415216412

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=86002&d=1415216417

Images used from Withe

·
Registered
304 Posts
hello,
the mazda3 2015 is nothing special about the camera.
you have to cut the cable with the yellow connector on the inside there is the wire for video + and video - and shield ,the little red over yellow connector is not used.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manuisa69 thank you so much, I cut the yellow connector and found the ground and yellow connector. Imgur

wiring up now

thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
A small issue. I got everything tested and working but I dont want to cut any Factory wires so I was thinking of purchasing a harness and taking out the wire terminals (female metal ends of wires that make contact inside plastic piece of harness) and placing it inside my factory wiring.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Mazda-Reverse-Wiring-Harness-71-7901/dp/B0075CCKUY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1434300505&sr=8-5&keywords=mazda+3+harness+wire[/ame]

Any idea if these will work?

·
Registered
7 Posts
hello,
the mazda3 2015 is nothing special about the camera.
you have to cut the cable with the yellow connector on the inside there is the wire for video + and video - and shield ,the little red over yellow connector is not used.
Hello,
Would having a OEM camera help by not cutting into factory wires?
The one I am talking about is this one.
REAR CAMERA for 2015 Mazda 3|BHN1-67-RC0A

·
Registered
304 Posts
humm,I think you'll have the same problem.
the camera's connector does not match the connector you have in your car. I believe the attached to the camera connector is provided for cars that are not equipped with the wiring.but your car is equipped . You need somme pin's to wire the camera on the oem connector.

·
Registered
7 Posts
humm,I think you'll have the same problem.
the camera's connector does not match the connector you have in your car. I believe the attached to the camera connector is provided for cars that are not equipped with the wiring.but your car is equipped . You need somme pin's to wire the camera on the oem connector.
I have received the OEM camera and I had popped open the trim (in the trunk) today and yes, the connection for the camera to the C16 connector (?) is missing. I am probably gonna try to make a custom male to male connector from the camera to the connector.

Just to clarify, and I don't want to connect the wires with the wrong port, Can you please provide a clear picture for the C16 connectors with where the wires should go?

Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, plug and play, the whole harness is already in your car if you Mazda is equipped with the infotainment screen.
Nope, mine is a 2015 Mazda3 Sport, the C16 connector is present, but the connection for camera is not..

I have a BJS7-67-060 (3) wiring harness in the trunk, seems like the higher end model have a slightly different harness..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nope, mine is a 2015 Mazda3 Sport, the C16 connector is present, but the connection for camera is not..

I have a BJS7-67-060 (3) wiring harness in the trunk, seems like the higher end model have a slightly different harness..
Were you ever able to create the harness? I've been trying to fix workarounds to installing a cam for myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts