2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Some of the new generation cars already have this feature:
To be able turn on the rear camera at any moment, even while driving, without shifting the gear to R.

I like to collect any related information - could this be done by a pure software hack or a physical switch is needed?

So far, I was able to "call" in some kind of PC emulator the "backupparking" -> "BackupCameraDisplay" , located in apps\backupparking\js\backupparkingApp.js
Probably, this can be done as an additional application entry like speedometer or videoplayer of AIO but not sure if it will work or how to return back.
What do you think?
Any ideas are appreciated

Thank you

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi,

Some of the new generation cars already have this feature:
To be able turn on the rear camera at any moment, even while driving, without shifting the gear to R.

I like to collect any related information - could this be done by a pure software hack or a physical switch is needed?

So far, I was able to "call" in some kind of PC emulator the "backupparking" -> "BackupCameraDisplay" , located in apps\backupparking\js\backupparkingApp.js
Probably, this can be done as an additional application entry like speedometer or videoplayer of AIO but not sure if it will work or how to return back.
What do you think?
Any ideas are appreciated

Thank you
you need to go back reading from 2014 for example this Post

1 - 4 of 4 Posts