2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Your mom goes to college.
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 hatchback w/ Bose. Rear tweeters don't seem to be outputting anything. I tried isolating to the right rear and left rear and put my ear right up to them and don't hear anything. Door speakers are working fine. What should I check?

·
Registered
712 Posts
2018 hatchback w/ Bose. Rear tweeters don't seem to be outputting anything. I tried isolating to the right rear and left rear and put my ear right up to them and don't hear anything. Door speakers are working fine. What should I check?
Do you have Centerpoint? On the gen4 I found the rear tweeters have extremely low (or no?) output unless Centerpoint is enabled.

·
Your mom goes to college.
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have Centerpoint? On the gen4 I found the rear tweeters have extremely low (or no?) output unless Centerpoint is enabled.
Huh that’s interesting and disappointing. I have Centerpoint but rarely use it because it’s not nice for music for my ears. I’ll see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Huh that’s interesting and disappointing. I have Centerpoint but rarely use it because it’s not nice for music for my ears. I’ll see if that makes a difference.
Yea I agree. I thought I liked it at first, as it uses more of the speakers, but it sounds like added reverb piped thru the tweeters to make it sound 3D. This is where DTS and Dolby both kinda failed with their surround music modes, while Auro 3D pretty much nailed it with a nice deep bass but not too much echo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts