2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have trouble with the left rear shock and they has a few miles more of life. The cost of the original replacement is $300 (rear pair). What is the best option? I know that Bilstein B6 and B8 are really good, but my budget is not much flexible in this moment :frown2:

Thanks a lot!

PS: I'm on 215/45/18 and Eibach's springs.

·
Super Moderator
6,562 Posts
Hi. I have trouble with the left rear shock and they has a few miles more of life. The cost of the original replacement is $300 (rear pair). What is the best option? I know that Bilstein B6 and B8 are really good, but my budget is not much flexible in this moment :frown2:

Thanks a lot!

PS: I'm on 215/45/18 and Eibach's springs.
If the rear shocks are shot are the fronts any better? Best to replace them as a set to keep the car in balance. If you are autoxing it, getting all 4 done is the only way to go.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I agree with Arathol, always best to replace in sets, but if you have to only do the rear get the gest you can and then try hard to get the fronts as soon as possible.
Or maybe someone around here has a stock set with low miles laying around. Maybe post a WantToBuy add in the classified section, just be sure to post were you live.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the rear shocks are shot are the fronts any better? Best to replace them as a set to keep the car in balance. If you are autoxing it, getting all 4 done is the only way to go.
I agree with Arathol, always best to replace in sets, but if you have to only do the rear get the gest you can and then try hard to get the fronts as soon as possible.
Or maybe someone around here has a stock set with low miles laying around. Maybe post a WantToBuy add in the classified section, just be sure to post were you live.
Thanks to both!

Yes, i meant maybe there is an good option (not too expensive like the B6/B8) that will allow me buy a full set.

What about the Bilstein B4? Are better than the OEM?

A little steep for OEM shocks? What other options are available to you in Peru?
Actually, everything that my car has I imported from USA :grin2:. But here i can found the B4, B6 and B8 ($1050 the set of B6/B8 )

BTW, i don't want lowered more my car. The streets here in Perú are very bad. :frown2:

·
Registered
40 Posts
one rear blew on mine under warranty dealer caught it and replaced it at about 28 k. I gather the 2017 oems are retuned but I doubt they are available yet.

·
Super Moderator
6,562 Posts
Usually stuff like shocks, brake pads and clutch are considered consumables and therefore not covered by warranty except if defective.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, in general, the warranty system is a sh*t here. The official dealer (is just one for all the countrie) has a very bad reputation.

About the B4, are better than the original? $490 for the set make me think on them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts