2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Have any of you bought/used any of these? The ones that are like U shape and kind of protect all sides including the doors?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response! I told myself I was going to wait for a few replies or recommendations but I'm not a very patient man.... Hahaha... So I already ordered one. I will report back!

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have two 13-15 lbs Norwich terriers and they each get their own padded car baskets that are secured by the seat belt and then they are fastened in with a the attached strap on the basket. Fortunately, my dogs rest almost immediately when they get in the car, but I guess it really depends on the size and how agitated or sick a dog can get riding in the car as to what works best.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will get you guys the info on the one I ordered. I don't have it with me. And, while my dog loves the car and is a good passenger, he does weigh 117 pounds.. Lol

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I installed it today but it started raining before I could take pictures. It's supposed to rain on & off tomorrow but if possible I will try to take my dog for a drive and also get a couple of pics for you guys.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it rained a lot today so Rocco didn't get to go for a ride but here's what the cover looks like. Pictures aren't the best but it was pretty wet and dark outside so I just snapped these off so you could at least look at it if you ever need something like this.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wanted to wrap up this thread with my results guys. This is Rocco, a 117 pound Akita in the hammock or whatever it is called. Should give you some idea of what you can expect if you decide to get something like it.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
This is awesome. My cats might like this. My older one actually doesn't mind riding in the car. He just sits on my lap while I drive and looks out the window.

Interesting driving stick with a cat on your lap while you try to eat lunch at the same time...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is awesome. My cats might like this. My older one actually doesn't mind riding in the car. He just sits on my lap while I drive and looks out the window.

Interesting driving stick with a cat on your lap while you try to eat lunch at the same time...
Hahaha... This might be a bit easier for you

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the pics. My aunt had an Akita, he use to walk us around the neighborhood lol.
I know what you mean, they are really strong dogs. Rocco is 121 pounds and can definitely pull anyone in any direction unless you handle him right and are able to hold your own.

·
Mazda Fresher
104 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is a large dog in a small car. We have smaller puppers so I just went with the seat cover when I need it and not the full all sides deal. I went cheap with an Amazon Basics one, and have used it to protect the seat when I need to put something on the seat that might be dirty too, not just dogs. Link to what I ended up with: Amazon.com : AmazonBasics Waterproof Car Back Bench Seat Cover Protector for Pets - 56 x 47, Black : Pet Supplies
You are right about the big dog in a small car thing... 😂...but just as Chris Farley in "fat guy in a little coat", it may be funny but I love both Big Rocco & little Mazda! I actually only paid maybe 20 bucks or so. There were much more expensive ones, but this one has been working out well. I'm glad you found one that works well for you my friend!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone know of protectors that can go on the doors to help prevent them from getting all scratched up? My prior car had huge scratches on the hard plastics in the back.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does anyone know of protectors that can go on the doors to help prevent them from getting all scratched up? My prior car had huge scratches on the hard plastics in the back.
The cover that I posted does have side protection but it doesn't exactly mold to the door. I'm not sure what you're looking for but I haven't seen anything else.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts