2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2018 Mazda 3 Hatch GT and today on Friday the 13th as we were driving my daughter noticed the interior light was and the open door light on the dash was on as well. All doors were closed, we stopped and opened and closed the doors(they closed completely), but the lights were still on. I drove back home and my daughter slammed the rear passenger door shut after opening it (for some reason it was in the lock position). She damaged the locking mechanism with the forceful closing. So now the door will not close. I will post a pic as well.

I was wondering is this going to be a whole door actuator replacement? I am trying to price this out.

Any help would be appreciated, cuz I really don't know...

Thanks Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle door

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 3 i Hatchback
361 Posts
If I were you, I'd visit car-part.com and find one at a nearby salvage yard for about $50. You'll have to remove the interior door card, unlatch the rods for the interior and exterior door handles, unplug the electrical connection for power locks, and undo the three bolts visible in your picture. You might have to adjust it a bit so the door closes right, but it isn't hard to do.

BTW, is that door a re-paint? I'm wondering about the silver door with a blue interior. If so, the latch breaking might have been caused by it not being adjusted properly when the door was hung.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thanks for the reply. I have no skill with mechanics. I will likely have to go to the Dealer. Actually The pic came out wrong it is not a re-paint. I have no idea how the blue color came about. The paint in the picture where it shows as blue is Silver. Freaking weird....My Pixel 6 Camera messed that up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts