2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ZOOM'IN around Mid-Ohio
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if there is a Rear motor mount that would work with an Automatic Trans that wouldn't be too harsh for a DD? I just took my inserts out because some headlight bolts and others were loosening up. It back to stock now and fine but I do miss the extra response I had. Most of the ones I've seen do not recommend for A/T's. Thanks..

·
Hai Guyz C:
774 Posts
It'll be fine for a DD. Unless you think that a little rattle at startup and low revs is completely unbearable. I have the trz rmm on my auto and I like it a lot.

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Electric focus engine mount is perfect! I got one from local ford dealer for 70 bucks. You also need a longer bolt.
Installed new Ford RMM this afternoon - Mazdaspeed Forums
E-Focus mount is a solid choice. It's an OEM part but is machined aluminum and beefy as hell like a CP-E mount. Not going to break on you.

I don't actually feel any difference with the mount in, the Sky 6AT tends to rev-match well enough that there's no shift shock unless you're giving the car strange throttle inputs. All it does is tell me when I have failed to induce neutral-out at a stoplight (car will vibrate, as the trans is still engaged despite my wanting it to disengage).

·
ZOOM'IN around Mid-Ohio
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
ZOOM'IN around Mid-Ohio
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
286 Posts
This will also be useful for a manual transmission as well right ?

·
ZOOM'IN around Mid-Ohio
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any updates on the e-focus mount?
Worth the money. Quicker response from the motor but it doesn't vibrate excessively. Dont notice much wheel hop either. Not quite as good responsiveness the stock mount with the c/s inserts but those shook the shit out of my cv shafts and have since developed a transmission seal leak. Never tried a full aftermarket mount but might look at a low durometer one in the future.

·
Super Moderator
5,097 Posts
thought I was getting a NEW one and want to make sure I dont run into any problems with what I was sent.

I have a 2.0L AT that has the RMM bolted to this stunt mount. do i need a nut or anything for the bolt?
I don't know what makes you think its not new. It looks like any other bolt that has been in a bulk container with dozens of other bolts.
Do you need a nut? Well, crawl under the car and see whats there already. Thats the best way to answer that question.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts