2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says, the rear seat cushions on my iGT don't seem to be secured on the sides. I can just sorta lift them up a little to see underneath. The first fastener that attaches them is toward the front of the cushion. This is on both sides. Didn't think to check that on other models at the dealer. Is that normal?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found an older thread on another site noting this and saying all the other 3's they saw at a dealer had the same problem. I wondered if this had been addressed in any way, but sounds like maybe not. I'm curious from others to confirm whether theirs is like this too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
mine too

Just like the title says, the rear seat cushions on my iGT don't seem to be secured on the sides. I can just sorta lift them up a little to see underneath. The first fastener that attaches them is toward the front of the cushion. This is on both sides. Didn't think to check that on other models at the dealer. Is that normal?
mine is brand new and is the same this would be the difference (not that its right) of our cars verses the IS350 or other higher end cars. id say we get what we pay for in a sense. for the price difference from high end cars where all these small details that we find you wont find in those cars i do feel that those details should not be in our cars either but when i saved 17000 dollars to buy my M3 over the is350 i guess that 17k catches those details. i happy to save that amount :) just a thought im sure some will agree and disagree i will say that the S grand touring fully fully loaded im way more happy with even with the details i have found as others have too hope my thoughts help!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Same on 2015 i Touring. I wonder if there is an elegant way to secure the sides from lifting up ? Or maybe remove the rear seat cushion and add an underneath stiffener bracket?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Does someone have a picture of this? I'm curious to see how this looks. I'm assuming cloth seats don't have this issue.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Guys, it's okay. They're meant to be used as a flotation device in the event of an emergency water landing! :thumbup 1:

Really, it does seem odd that the sides aren't secured. I've had other cars where the center wasn't secured, which I can kinda see that. I'm sure that one bolt saved them $5million, but I would think that there'd be a bolt or screw on each end of the seat frame in general. The seat ends are what gets hit most often, so I'd think that you'd want them securely in place.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does someone have a picture of this? I'm curious to see how this looks. I'm assuming cloth seats don't have this issue.
Yeah cloth seat same issue. If you open a rear passenger door and just sorta lift the edge of the seat up (the edge nearest the door) the seat lifts up a few inches. Otherwise gravity holds it down and you might not notice.

·
Registered
752 Posts
almost every single japanese car I have ever seen the rear seat is only attached in the middle.. It makes for easy removal.. Its completely normal even in domestic cars these days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts