2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I crazy or are those ugly looking slots on the headrests a total eye sore?

One of the two bars that connect the headrest to the seat is also able to move forward and backward...why???

I assume that everyone has these or is it only for the hatchback?

Just something that's bothered me! :tongue:

Attachments

·
Hella-gone
416 Posts
Crappy in the dark cell phone picture, but my leather rear headrests in the 2010 GT look like this.
What year is yours?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2012 in black cloth. Yours are much nicer. Those slots bother me for some reason. I know its minor, but still.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Am I crazy or are those ugly looking slots on the headrests a total eye sore?

One of the two bars that connect the headrest to the seat is also able to move forward and backward...why???

I assume that everyone has these or is it only for the hatchback?

Just something that's bothered me! :tongue:
Those slots are so the headrest can fold forward and down to give a better rearview out the back of the hatch....Doesn't bother me because I have mine always folded down...I think its a nice feature to be able to do this.....

I'm not sure if on the sedan its like this or not....
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
570 Posts
Those slots are actually to fold the headrests down when you fold the rear seats down for a flat cargo floor. If they didn't fold, (by pulling the little loop on the back) they would hit the back of the front seats when you tried folding the rear seats forward.

·
Registered
317 Posts
^^^ what he said. Be thankful for them, the sedans don't have them. I have to resort to losing legroom in order to fold my seats all the way down

1 - 6 of 6 Posts