2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
just recently upgraded my taillights to LED version and got a LHD rear fog light. Also bought a stalk combo switch with rear fogs switch in them. I wanted to know if I plug it in directly to the existing socket when I replace the original stalks because they are identical and most likely have additional pins working in them. Will the cluster light rear fog indicator work right away? Or do I need to wire them? Im also assuming I will be wiring the rear fog with a new one since the one it will replace are for reverse lights

·
Registered
87 Posts
I tried to wire it with the font fog lights with no success. Then with a separate switch, no success. Now my plan is with the parking lights, so every time i turn it on, will light on

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried to wire it with the font fog lights with no success. Then with a separate switch, no success. Now my plan is with the parking lights, so every time i turn it on, will light on
you can try wiring it with your front but you have to add a an additional relay switch. I wont recommend just adding the 21w load to the existing front foglamp it will heat up and if it doesn't trip the fuse. that existing wire might cause a fire or melt its own. Same with the park lights. I wonder why you don't have any success in just having them on a separate switch

21 - 27 of 27 Posts