2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the Rear Diffuser installed without the rest of the Aerokit on their 3? Curious to see what it looks like installed without the side skirts and front air dam.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My new snowflake '14 Hatch just showed up today, and I was wondering on what options to get for it. Is the rear diffuser added on to the stock bumper, or does it replace just the lower half? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
That's not going to do anything. It's just a cosmetic addition on the bumper. If it were adding a flat floor section at the rear with vanes, etc. Then maybe it would add some downforce/reduce lift and reduce drag. I'd only try it to get better MPGs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Even if it did affect driving performance, I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference since it was put on the day I picked up the car. But I am about 99.99% certain this is just a cosmetic change.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you're thinking of getting the rear spoiler check out speedline.com they do an OEM replica for a third of the cost. I've just received mine and I'm really impressed by the quality and fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts