2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Has anyone self-installed the OEM diffuser on a hatchback 3?

I have a diffuser on order and I'm trying to figure out if I should install it myself or have a pro do.

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Can I take issue with calling it a diffuser? It's just a trim piece for your bumper. Drill, plastic screws (edit: and Dremel, fair point) and 3M Extreme Mounting Tape will let you easily take care of it in your own garage. Grab a friend to help you line it up.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Can I take issue with calling it a diffuser? It's just a trim piece for your bumper. Drill, plastic screws and 3M Extreme Mounting Tape will let you easily take care of it in your own garage. Grab a friend to help you line it up.
While you are correct, it actually requires a fair bit of modification to install based on the dealer install instructions I saw.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'll have a look at the instructions when it arrives and decide if I should do it myself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It didn't seem too hard to install. I had a shop install mine. The guy who owned the shop hooked me up and had it done under an hour. That was with a few 'scratch his head' moments, but overall I think I could have done it if I had a working dremel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts