2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had issues with something (adhesive?) dripping out of the rear defogger wires on the window? Is it something I should run by the dealer? I'm thinking about having my windows tinted but think this is something I should look at first.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Pics? Sounds very odd

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll see what I can get. Best verbal description I can give is that if I'm looking in my rearview mirror, it looks like a bad tint job is starting to bubble all along where the defogger wires are. Which is what I initially thought it might be until I ran my fingers along a small stretch and noticed it's something that smears. And this is along a lot of the lines.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all, I understand that. My question was more along the lines of if this was something everyone else saw with their cars and just wiped off and moved on or if this is unusual. I'm getting the feeling it is something unusual. Therefore, dealer visit it is then.

·
Working Class Hero
3,736 Posts
Have you tried cleaning the window? It's possible that someone did a remarkably shitty job of cleaning it, leaving a lot of dealer grade window cleaner behind that could run before it dried.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't tried cleaning it yet because if it isn't normal, I want to leave it for the dealer to see. Now for the fun part, getting in to see the dealer.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Clean the window and see if it comes back before contacting the dealer. Save yourself a lot of time and hassle.

There's nothing in the defroster wires that can ooze. It's either a cleaning agent that wasn't cleaned off properly if the car is new, moisture that has gathered on the window and evaporated due to temperature differentials, or residue from smoking / vaping if you do that in the car.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't smoke or vape, so it isn't that. And whatever it is still stays somewhat liquid over time as it smears when I touch it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts