1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone have this problem
i updated my cx5 2016 to ver 70.000.100 EU from 56.... EU
The rear camera working well after the update
But day after its stop working and when i change to Reverse its show black screen
Its happen to someone? I need to update to 74? Or its camera problem
What can i do?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
i'd start by checking wiring. black screen usually indicates a connection problem with the camera. open the hatch, remove interior trim. pull the connector for the camera, look for corrosion. check wiring for damage. clean it with some electrical contact cleaner regardless. that usually will fix it.

there was a TSB for the wiring but i think it's very specific to the hatchback 3's. basically the cable to the camera was not properly secured and works its way out over time. the fix is a zip tie...you might have to do some searching to see if this applies to the CX5 or if there's a similar problem. i know the TSB is around here somewhere, couldn't find it at this time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I updated to 74.... and its the same issue.

When i do Factory Reset the camera works fine
But after that if i turn the engine off and lock the car and wait 3 min unlock the car turn the engine on then the camera stop working and show black screen.. but the Reversing sensors works fine.
If i do again a Factory reset the cam works fine but after turn off the car and atart agine is the same issue
Maybe its the sensors make this thing?
Or it samthing with the volteg? I dont know :(

Do You have an idea? @ASH8
I attach pic of the fault

Attachments

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I updated to 74.... and its the same issue.

When i do Factory Reset the camera works fine
But after that if i turn the engine off and lock the car and wait 3 min unlock the car turn the engine on then the camera stop working and show black screen.. but the Reversing sensors works fine.
If i do again a Factory reset the cam works fine but after turn off the car and atart agine is the same issue
Maybe its the sensors make this thing?
Or it samthing with the volteg? I dont know :(

Do You have an idea? @ASH8
I attach pic of the fault
I already gave you some ideas, including a very likely scenario of a bad connection.

Was this just not to your liking?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts