2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
MAZDA 3 2014 SKYACTIV-G Sport Nav
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to install the OEM rear view camera for my UK Mazda 3 Hatchback Sport-Nav.

From what I've read, there are two camera models for the UK market; I need the camera with the part number:

BHN9-67-RC0

I've also read that the wiring harness (BHS2V7531) may or may not be needed, depending on where the car was built (mine was Mexico) and it's trim level (mine is the Sport-Nav).
It's not clear from reading around on forums whether or not I actually need this harness.
I understand that markets other than UK might not have the 'Sport Nav' trim, so it's worth pointing out that this was considered the 'top' trim at the time.
Mine came equipped with the adaptive front lighting, and both sets of parking sensors (front/rear).

I've pulled off the rear trim, just below the rear/third brake light, and can 3 connectors; two go left, and one goes right + up.

Can someone tell me if I'm okay to just order the camera, or do I need the wiring harness aswell?

Motor vehicle Toy Automotive exterior Vehicle door Automotive design

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle door

White Hood Light Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm in the UK and have a pre owned 2016 Original Mazda 3 BM Sport Nav reverse camera for sale. If you're not in a rush I'll check the part number / wiring on the weekend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in the UK and have a pre owned 2016 Original Mazda 3 BM Sport Nav reverse camera for sale. If you're not in a rush I'll check the part number / wiring on the weekend.
Hi Pez, yeah I might be interested if it's the one I'm after!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell us about why the camera is getting replaced.... there's a TSB regarding camera failuires in hatchbacks. It's a connection issue, no need to replace the camera.
I'm not replacing anything, I'm just looking to install the OEM rear camera.
My car (bought used) didn't come with one, and I'm looking to add one in.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I'm not replacing anything, I'm just looking to install the OEM rear camera.
My car (bought used) didn't come with one, and I'm looking to add one in.
Ah that makes sense. My bad, didn't quite get that from your post.

Still, do look for that TSB. What it amounts to is the cable for the camera is not well enough secured and will cause connection issues in the future. A couple of zip ties and you're good :)

Best of luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts